• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Digital Camera degrade?

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
I got Kodak Easyshare C763 and when it was new it took what I thought were really nice shots. As time goes on the pictures seem to be getting more grainy. Don't know if I'm trying to get in closer on the subjects or what.

Question, can digital cameras degrade over time and use?

can this deterioration I see be caused by battery performance or maybe lighting?

I have heard of the CCD (Charge Coupled Device) going bad and losing resolution...

Regards,

They also have a tendency to accumulate dust in between the lenses, which will make images grainy. Also, you should check the outer most lens to make sure it isnt smudged or worse, scratched. I've had all these issues occur in the past with cameras.

Are you using the flash? If so, it might actually be the output from the flash that may be degrading over time.

I generally take one with and without a flash just to see which one looks best. I know I need to get more light on my subjects

Are you using a memory card? If so, have you reformatted it? Could be part of the problem.

:duh
Before thinking of getting a new camera, always check the settings. Some how I had been dropped to 4 something megapixils instead of the 7.1 the camera can do.

Before
wildcat119.jpg

After
wildcat120.jpg

But hey, thanks for the info! :woohoo:

Back