• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Digger 'boom' Haul

tiking

Ok fellas. I just completed the trailer to the 142H tractor unit I had built for the Steel Haul that I was supposed to use but did not. The boom is from a toy digger I bought at a cheap store. I had planned on using it as a load for my heavy hauler rig, but the amount of work I had to do on it to get it looking right, would have taken me ages. So I opted to salvage what I could and use the parts for something useful. So now I had a use for the boom. :) I added hydraulics using soldering iron wiring and styrene tubing. I wanted it to look alive. The trailer is the Italeri curtain trailer kit. I only used the chassi and bottom half of it. I then scratch built the extra floor and added tie-downs.

So now this tractor has a trailer, I think, goes together pretty well. Hope you like the results. Thanks for looking. The chains will either be replaced or thicker ones added. I thonk the present ones are little flimsy. Lots of detail pics:

boom_haul25a_zpstef6nhnh.jpg

boom2_zpsuxjaa3so.jpg

boom_haul26_zpsnaazmfop.jpg

boom_haul25_zpsn9qbnwur.jpg

boom_haul21_zpswubrh8jz.jpg

boom_haul2_zpsldszh3qa.jpg

boom_haul20_zpsp0m3okcu.jpg

boom_haul15_zpsyirnypgf.jpg

boom_haul14_zpsf7lwqxob.jpg

boom_haul13_zpsjdgvxlsr.jpg

boom_haul11_zpsmjjvdh6l.jpg

boom_haul10_zpspfifa86a.jpg

boom_haul9_zps5fyzgbnm.jpg

boom_haul6_zps6qmpfd4n.jpg

boom_haul4_zpsgmmoapct.jpg

boom_haul8b_zpsgcycabcw.jpg

boom_haul7_zpstocl8qb1.jpg

boom5_zps3esdbhdb.jpg

boom_haul3_zpslv3tgaa8.jpg

boom10_zpssltyff0n.jpg

boom7_zpsofgsgmuy.jpg

boom6_zpsyo6qcogg.jpg

boom_haul24_zpske7pqhqx.jpg

boom_haul23_zpshbs8mzdu.jpg

boom_haul22_zpsg7kqaul1.jpg

boom16_zpsirzikrn8.jpg

boom15_zpsveenuz3f.jpg

boom_haul_flat_tyre_zps0y8bfjep.jpg

boom_haul19_zpsdqhexnxj.jpg

boom_haul18_zpsxvieskdx.jpg

boom14_zpssp7vgqws.jpg

boom13_zpsty57lix8.jpg

boom_haul17_zpsuiyqknyv.jpg

boom12_zpsrto8cwmt.jpg

boom11_zps85yvow4c.jpg

boom9_zpshoczlmxt.jpg

boom8_zpspqsuc5dh.jpg

boom_haul16_zpshy1qciza.jpg

boom_haul12_zpshqfv7qxe.jpg

boom4_zpsdgpdlbvz.jpg

boom3_zpsi1jpo8qz.jpg

boom_zpsj8ulyk4z.jpg

boom_haul8a_zpslhprnrzz.jpg

boom_haul9a_zpseorna1fj.jpg

boom_haul8_zpsr1p8tvuz.jpg

boom_haul5_zpse9ddo1zn.jpg

That is some masterful work- cheers! Great finish, and always a fun subject. Dirty is the best!

I finally figured out how you do those displays. You have a shrink ray and you shrink a full sized truck down to 25th scale

Thanks. Whats a jarl?

Your from Sweden correct ?

:eek:ldguy A Jarl is often referred to as a sort of king,earl ( noble ranking) in Scandinavian languages.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_jarls

I have lived here for about 20 years but was not born here. That's why I asked. There's still certain words or phrases I have not heard before. :v

[/quote]

I have lived here for about 20 years but was not born here. That's why I asked. There's still certain words or phrases I have not heard before. :v[/quote]

That explains it :salute

I have lived here for about 20 years but was not born here. That's why I asked. There's still certain words or phrases I have not heard before. :v[/quote]

That explains it :salute

Back