• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Did Canada use either M8 Howitzer Gun Carriage or

Tankbuilder

Anyone know if Canada during WW2 used either the M-8 Howitzer Motor Carriage or the M-8 Greyhound?

Thanks and cheers from Peter

According to the Wiki they did have them, deeper googling they were not widely used. I suspect our other Canadians can add more to this.

Now I want to build one. :soldier

The Royal Canadian Dragoons (RCD) Headquarters Squadron, 1st Canadian Corps, had 6 Greyhounds. They received them from 21 Army Group while they were in Italy. When they transferred to NWE in the spring of 1945 they brought them along. Several other British units used them in Italy, Greece and Yugoslavia.

RCD Greyhound

RCD Greyhound Restored

BGen Rockingham used a modified M-8 as his command vehicle while CO 25th Canadian Brigade during the Korean War.

Cheers,
Rich

The Royal Canadian Dragoons (RCD) Headquarters Squadron, 1st Canadian Corps, had 6 Greyhounds. They received them from 21 Army Group while they were in Italy. When they transferred to NWE in the spring of 1945 they brought them along. Several other British units used them in Italy, Greece and Yugoslavia.

RCD Greyhound

RCD Greyhound Restored

BGen Rockingham used a modified M-8 as his command vehicle while CO 25th Canadian Brigade during the Korean War.

Cheers,
Rich

thanks.

Rich B. I just found that info on Missing Lynx post, " used by the Royal Canadian Dragoons in North West Europe, Winter of 1945."

Well at least I can build mine as a Canadian vehicle. I have the italeri kit and also an entire turret assembly from a Tamiya kit. I'm all set to go.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Cheers from Peter

Back