• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Deleted Users

Well folks. I guess I was about due. Just a simple case of fat fingers.

I have deleted several users here, And where I was working in was at the top of the list so...John Steinman, Chris (PhantomII), Mats, Dad, Erik, Ron...Basically anyone who had the right to publish an article has been deleted.

I have been able to restore Bob Letterman's profile but it is not linked up with the forum profile, basically restoration acts as just importing the user info, doesn't link it up to existing data that's already been published.

I may have another type of backup on my work computer. I'll know in the morning.

Please accept my apologies for this inconvenience guys. It's really embarrassing.

Probably best just to go ahead and re-register with the site if you can not log on. Again, I'm really sorry about this.

That's right, Mr. Disaster Recovery doesn't have a disaster recovery plan for our website. I'll fix that this week.

The backup solution I have in place really only protects the system, not the data and users. I have initiated a restoration point from Jan 10 but I can see already that you users were not restored.

I'll gladly take my beating now...

Oh Man I can see you :bang head :bang head :bang head

Sure all the guys will understand though so stop banging your head, the blood is really unsightly.

AND I DON'T KNOW WHY IT KEEPS PUTTING THE FIRST POST ON THE FORUM!!!

That is simple. Just delete the repeated posts. I had to as the Spell Check Police almost cited the article and the resulting posts needed to be fixed or deleted.

Stuff happens, Live & Learn.

[EDIT - can't delete the post as the thread is deleted. Post restored, thread restored. As I wrote; Live & Learn.]

Regards,

The originating article was not published to the public. That date issue again. Corrected, thats why Cousin Ernest thought something was wrong.

Folks please re-register if you find your profile deleted.

Hey MP,if you don't like us just say so!..... :rotf

It's not the end of the world,take it easy.There are worser things in life.I am sure you will do your best to correct this problem.
For me everything seems to be OK.

Greetings,Ron.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA ! but I think Bob's life is mostly inside a computer . Good thing I have seen him face to face ! :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Chris, outstanding avatar!! love it.

Ron I shot myself in the foot on this so I need to make best effort to recover. Guess you missed the bullet on this.

I'm back to! :D
Don't worry bob, you done a great job putting everything back again, and as long as you learn from your mistakes it's just good for the forum! :drinks
//Mats

Good to be back...I'll have to work out the avatar next time I am near the desktop...

Do we need to go back and get our group badges Bob?? And will we be able to write articles again if we used to be able to?

Mike you should be able to do the articles, if not I'll check your permissions ASAP.

Yes, if you were victim of the Fat Finger Virus, as you know, avatar and signatures were wiped out. but all your links to articles and postings should be good.

Let me know if you need help with the Campaign badges.

Back