• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"Defending the Eyrie" RAAF ADGies in Vietnam

Window

Banned
Welcome to "Defending the Eyrie". It's a dio featuring 4 members of the Royal Australian Air Forces 2 AFDS (Air Field Defence Squadron) at Vung Tau during the Vienam War. 2 of the Adgies are inspecting their bunker, while 2 re crewing the Quick Reaction Force gun buggy.

IMG_5470.jpg

IMG_5469.jpg

IMG_5468.jpg

IMG_5467.jpg

IMG_5466.jpg

IMG_5457.jpg

IMG_5454.jpg

Re:

Rob -MadAsKiwi- Mooar wrote:
Very nice mate. Which Landy kit did you use?

Thanks for sharing

Rob

Cheers mate. I used the tamiya pink panther, the bull bar from the mouse house land rover conversion, and mouse house resin land rover wheels. The pink panther kit is a nice kit, very easy to build.

Re:

Window wrote:
Cheers mate. I used the tamiya pink panther, the bull bar from the mouse house land rover conversion, and mouse house resin land rover wheels. The pink panther kit is a nice kit, very easy to build.

Cool. Thanks for the info. I have the pink panther in my stash, and was thinking of converting it to a Skippy.. I'll see if I can track down the Mouse House conversion, as the wheels and bull bar would be helpful.

Cheers, and thanks again :)

Re:

I love the colour of the pink panther sprues :woohoo: . Great to see another Vietnam diorama the scene tells a nice story. great work

Jaymes

It's nice to see a diorama of Aussie forces in Vietnam. Are those Firestorm figures? What are the ones inside the bunker?
I like your mud. What did you use to make it?
Good job.
James

The two sitting are the Firestorm APC riders. the 2 in the Bunker are the Verlinden Special forces (Green Berets). The mud is Spakfiller tinted with acrylic paint. I then dusted the "mud" with Mig Productions Pigments

Back