• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Death Valley Dash

AndyFettes

Master at Arms
Hi all,

Heres my completed figure from the USMC Group Build its PFC Paul E Ison from Michael Roberts.

I changed the head by cutting off the lower Mouth and made lips and teeth using Alves Epoxy Putty and I changed the angle of the lower right leg to improve the appearance of motion.
The Rifle sling was made with paper and superglue after numbnuts here broke the kit one :)
Other pictures can be seen in the group Build from start to finish

Andy :)

img_2996_1_20100828_1316734693.jpg

ANDY,

Good Job ! Th added animation & the sculpting of the Lower jaw !! Cool Stuff ! I like th Camo on th Helmet !! :drink

ERIK

Really nice. I like the modifications you did. I personally like dark edges on bases to differentiate the base from the subject.

Panzer Slodder Steiner

Thank you for your comments they are well appreciated :)

Yeah Im going to have to invest in a background and sharpen up my photography skills !

regarding the base Ive left that edging unpainted at the moment because im not sure whether to leave it as it is sizewise or put it onto a bigger base ?

Andy,
I commented on the other site, but I would leave the size of the base as is and maybe put him on a square Pedestal wood base with a nice name plaque Fill the base out to the size of the square pedestal wood base. Just my suggestion as to a finish.

Cheers
John

Hi Model Maniac and Hi John
Thank you for your positive comments :)

John, so you mean leave the base as is but then place onto the woodbase and then groundwork out to the edges, yes?

Sorry been a long day and my brain hurts LOLOL

Well thats very kind of you Jenny :) Both the comments and the offer of work :D

Tell you what, I came up with a real good mix to make the grey/green if that helps ?

Andrea Olive Green AC-3 + Vallejo Panzer Aces Highligh German ( Feldgrau)

An ex US Marine has just commented on it somewhere else and will be using it on his kits :D

This Marine also knew Paul Ison, who the figure is based on, so thats pretty cool eh !

Andy,
Yes to the base. Similar to the one I used for blackbeard. You can get them in 1 1/2 inches square and around 2 inches high. If 2 inches is too high for stability you can cut it down to around 1 1/2 inch high and it will still leave room for a plaque. That way it will not take much putty to fill out to the edges.Then complete the painting of the basework and add some pigments to tie the addition together. Remember to roughen the top for when you glue the figure base to the wooden stand. Use two part epoxy and it will stick real well.

Take two aspirin and rinse with Guiness and call me in the morning. :laugh: :laugh:

Cheers
John

Hey John, Thank you very much for that advice

I have some bases on order and will tuck into them as soon as they arrive ;)

Ive got some of that 2part stuff lying around somewhere

I find Guiness a bit too filling for me

Ill stick to Carlsberg which I like very much :woohoo:

Back