• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Daimler scout car

The one advantage of working for yourself
If its a slow day you get bench time
First sprayed on a rust color folowed by some hairspray and then some sand (Buff because it sun bleached :blush: Actualy its the closest color I had )
ELal07.jpg

ELal06.jpg

I overdid the chipping because my grandpa always complained how dusty it was in the desert so I will be adding a lot of dust.
ELal08.jpg

ELal09.jpg

ELal10.jpg

ELal11.jpg

This will be a long range armed recognicance vehicle for the artilery and will have quite a bit of stowage as the stayed out a few days. Hmmmmm I will have to make some canvases and camo netting and of course a radio as this one has none.

If I keep doing this :popcorn I'm start having issues with gravitational pull (like I'm not already) so I'll do this instead (y)

Bronco makes a nice radio and equipment set, to the right in the pic :)
P1080469.JPG

Nice job on this one Dave! (y)
//Mats

Thanks Guys Too late for me now Mats but I would like to get the dimensions of that radio though.

Toned downa a bit still needs some extra rubbing marks as the guys climb in and leave a greyish smear and then of course the ever present dust after the decals.
ELal12.jpg

ELal13.jpg

Thanks Guys, your comments is keeping me at it.

Inside and Stowage is up next MP. Mats gave me the dimensions of the radio he has so I am able to make my own. That was the one thing that was keeping the interior so clean.

Terry, yep well sandblasted. :yipee

Hey Dave, that thing is looking to clean and well kept, maybe you should add some scratches and rust and dust dontcha thinK?
tomato.gif

Thanks for the support guys

Some small progress Wheels on and almost all weathering is done still needs the decals a flat coat and some dust to blend everything together
ELal14.jpg

ELal15.jpg

ELal16.jpg

Oh and here is a small tip - when the weather does not want to dry out your newly made camo net etc Pop it into a microwave for a few minutes came out rock hard :woohoo:
ELal17.jpg

I dont know why but it looks as if the camera is pulling out one of my oil stain colors more than the others :woohoo: Those colors are just a wee bit more glossy can that be why the camera does it?

Back