• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

D-Day

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
Seventy eight years ago today, what courage that took.
1654519509752.png

:salute:

Must watch The Longest Day today.

Was telling Cindy last night that these WW2 vets are all in their 90s now. God bless them.

I agree, and maybe Saving Pvt Ryan. Thanks for putting out this reminder, Mike. I haven't seen "anything" mentioned on the usual news wires. We can't afford to forget our history, nor the sacrifices made on that fateful day.

That's a fact! Google, in their infinite wisdom, has today's tribute to the inventor of the espresso machine instead of D-Day.

Y'all need to read about Gen Theodore Roosevelt Jr role in the invasion. Because he insisted in going in on the first wave he, in all likelyhood, saved the Omaha invasion by taking command and changing the battle plans when they realized they were on the wrong beach. He did far more that what was portrayed in the move Longest Day, but didn't they all?
TR raised some bad ass sons, they all answered the call without hesitation.

We watched both Midway movies Sunday. The courage of all those young people that sacrificed for the cause of liberty never ceases to inspire me. The Normandy invasion seems foremost in the minds of Americans this time of year.

I remember the 49th anniversary. I was taking the local paper at the time, it was on a Sunday. I was wanting to read what they had and looked all through the paper and didn't find anything except....in the comics. Charles Shultz did a Peanut script with Snoopy on the beach.
1654615352501.png

I called the editor of the paper on Monday and asked him what he thought about the fact that the only mention of DDay was in the comics section. "We just print what comes down the wire."
I canceled my subscription in the same call.

I called the editor of the paper on Monday and asked him what he thought about the fact that the only mention of DDay was in the comics section. "We just print what comes down the wire."
I canceled my subscription in the same call.
Rightly so, good job! I do that a lot more often these days, hmmmmmm,..................

Back