• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

D-Day +80 years

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
I do recall knowing several fellas who were veterans of Operation Overlord. Roddy Ellis for one, P47 pilot who flew CAP and got seperated from his group. Took a shot an aircraft, he didn't realize till they passed each other that it was a Spitfire. He told his crew chief to lose the gun camera footage.

I'm sure you all knew a few veterans, hope their stories are recorded some how. Shocking to me that we're at 80 years on.

Dailymail has pretty good coverage of the events from what I can see.

And Peanuts still pays tributes.
1717673550517.png

250 soldiers from the British Army's 16 Air Assault Brigade took part in a parachute drop and then had to line up to have their passports checked by the Blo**dy French

1717752032844.png

I wonder if they checked the passports as we landed on D-Day ?

This is the mentality of the French because we left the EU. It would be funny if it wasnt so tragic :)

I heard about that. Bleeding Froggies! Such is Honor in this modern world. Lafayette must have been tossing in his grave.

Mein Hertz ist vervundet mit eintoniger mastichkeit.

Do we remember why all the roads in France are lined with trees?
They know the German Army likes to march in the shade.

Back