• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Czech Model 1/48 Yak-15

OK, I'm calling this one done. I managed to break of the antenna mast as I was getting ready to photograph it leaving a nasty spot on one side and no time left before work to fix it but the rest is done. I ended up using Eduard main gear and doors as I had the parts available and they were much more cleanly molded and the gear doors already had the step molded in, on the kit, parts they needed to be cut in half then re glued. The pitot tube was left to the builder to fabricate, I made it from Hypo tubing and I replaced the kit guns with it as well, also added the fuel gauges in the wings and the gear down indicators. I would have liked to do more weathering, especially to the bottom but ran out of time. Oh well, the war is over and keeping planes clean is good make work jobs. :D Any way, here it is

yak15-b12.jpg

yak15-b13.jpg

yak15-b14.jpg

yak15-b15.jpg

Just for comparison purposes I posed it with the Yak-3

yak15-b16.jpg

yak15-b17.jpg

yak15-b18.jpg

I took this on more as a challenge than anything just to see if I could actually build a kit in 30 days or less. While I succeeded it did force me to comprise in places I would rather not have and given the choice will not do it again. The kit wasn't bad for a short run style kit and could have been tricked out a bit more given time.

Congrats!! (y) Don't forget to post in the Campaign Completion thread and claim your ribbon.

qosm_2012_ribbon.png

I think it turned out great Gary. It's amazing that they could take a prop frame and stick a jet in it and it actually worked. :pilot

Thanks Dave, pretty amazing alright, the only other successful attempt was the Swedish Saab 21.

Back