• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Cool Stuff !!!

I've a hot sauce collection. Let me know how 'hot' this is as I am a fan of "The Hot Ones" YouTube show and have visited Heatonist in Brooklyn, NY, and The Pepper Palace to get some fiery salsas.

Regards,

Heat is so subjective. I user to be able to take it pretty hot but since I stopped smoking some 29 years ago I lost that tolerance. Funny, got married about the same time... :bm:

My former FIL & I used to try various hot sauces. he brought home something that looked like Kayro syrup, clear and thick. being near the open container made my eyes water. I never tried it, but it would make him turn fully red, sweat profusely, and be unable to speak for several minutes. Cannot remember what that stuff was

Just to keep the thread going... how to heat a toilet bowl in Winter-

@alex wence de leon comes to mind when I see my unopened Melinda la Muerta (Dead Melinda) Limited Edition Day of the Dead Hot Sauce.
Caliente 00.JPG

Family knows about this and offer Christmas gifts... rarely are they very hot.
Caliente 01.JPG

These are hot... to put it mildly some are scorching!
Caliente 02.JPG

The little one on the left is the second hottest sauce made at the time I main-lined it at the Pepper Palace. What is mainlining? Tasting it on a spoon, no cracker, bread, or other item.
1648156772637.png

Never mind the two bottle labels on the left. They are my own homemade hot sauces. F/N Hot is a nice local one (as are Señor Lechuga - of which you don't see .003 which I finished).
Caliente 03.JPG

There are a few others I have in 'cold storage' since I like to mix it up a bit (obviously from all the open bottles).

Regards,

I really like the Cholula,I use it on a lot of stuff,it has heat,but not enough to overpower the rest of the mail.

As far as the other stuff I like heat,but not so much that everything else you eat burns so much that you can't enjoy.

I am with Tony! I like Cholula and Louisiana hot sauces. Don't go for the I can't taste anything as my taste sensors have been burned away. Had one of the salad peppers one time at Olive Garden. It had gotten crossed with something else and I couldn't taste half of my meal. It was miserable and usually I can deal with most restaurant heat with no problem while most folks do the heavy water drink.

It was a
WOW-flaming.gif
pepper!

View attachment 148414

Is that the waiver you had to sign?
Can't try it if you don't sign it!

I really like the Cholula,I use it on a lot of stuff,it has heat,but not enough to overpower the rest of the mail.

I am with Tony! I like Cholula and Louisiana hot sauces. Don't go for the I can't taste anything as my taste sensors have been burned away.

For food to enjoy, I don't add much. Keep in mind that the stronger it is, the less you can add. Each pepper has a profile, some attack immediately and dissipate, others sneak up on your mouth, and others have their favorite areas to touch in the mouth and sinus.

The END, from the Pepper Palace, was bought as a challenge pepper. I prefer natural peppers and this thing uses capsaicin crystals to augment its heat. While my son was disappointed in my not crying or writhing in pain, I did buy it and by the time I found my wife, she asked if I had lipstick on. So, off to the food court to get a Wendy's Frosty. Why? I had a coupon and it is thick enough to smear on the lips. My son drank it.

One thing about high heat, one gets euphoria from it.

I started growing my own peppers and making my own hot sauce blends. In the garden were Hungarian Hot Peppers, Scotch Bonnets, Ghost Peppers, Carolina Reapers (from Ed @ Puckerbutt Pepper Co.), Jalapeños, Anchos, Serranos, Habaneros, and Chocolate Bhutlah peppers. I only have a plant or two of each so not a lot of yield since I, and my Hungarian neighbor, are the only ones consuming the hotter ones. My wife and son did ask to increase Jalapeño production as they enjoy my Jalapeño Poppers.

Regards,

Years ago, when I was a young Captain stationed in the USVI, a team from Alabama came down to train the shop safety monitors and talk about ergonomics etc. These good old boys were bragging about how they could handle any hot sauce that the islands could produce (very bad idea). I took them to one of the little places that I knew of and told the owner to light them up.

They never talked to me again. I knew their CO (having been in the AL Guard) and passed on a picture of them throwing down a couple of peppers...

Personally, I avoid anything that can alter my constitution...

These good old boys were bragging about how they could handle any hot sauce that the islands could produce (very bad idea).

I became friendly with the Bajan chefs and the Brits didn't care about pepper sauces! :D They were surprised at my affinity to the heat and their local specialties such as fried gizzards. ;)

Regards,

I/m Irish/German. Neither my mother or father could cook and spices were those things that other people used.

My cooking is a bit on the odd side, but my daughter likes several of the things I came up with over the years. One item that we call Mushy Soup (more of a stew), she made for her current boyfriend and he loved it. Now she has to make it every so often.

I have a cousin from Ohio that won't talk to me over some hot sauce. :rotf
There is a story there!

One item that we call Mushy Soup (more of a stew), she made for her current boyfriend and he loved it. Now she has to make it every so often.
Well, let's hear more!

I'll be making 4 pounds (slightly less than two kilos) of chicken wings tonight. Half is BBQ sauce and the other... well, one of the samplers and my home-made red bottles were emptied into the bag, shaken, and left to marinate since yesterday!

1648406080320.png

Sometimes Information Overload is TMI!

Regards,

Back