• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Compressor question

Bagge

My AB compressor is starting to fail, bought it last year and now it's giving up on me :(
Now to my question, i had this one in the garage for filling up tyres on the car and the kids bikes.
PB120277.JPG

PB120276.JPG

Now i'm thinking of changing the old and add the powerswitch and airtank from that one to this little guy.
Does anyone have any info on this one? age, spareparts etc.
It's made in America by Thomas industries and the model name is "Diafragm sprayer model 622"
thanks
//Mats

It looks much lke the one I gave Bruce a while back. It was labeled a Badger brand. The previous owner installed a switch on it just as you're talking about. I figured that compressor is over 30 years old because I got it in 1983 and it's still running strong.

thanks for the info Bob, i think there is something wrong with the switch on the new one, it never stops, must look at this asap.
this one sure looks like a better deal then the chinese one i have now (even though maybe 30 years old), found this when i helped cleaning out a school building, they used it for cleaning out dust in computers etc.
//Mats

i can't see a pressure regulator, so you would need one (best with moisture trap attached) ...

the switch on your new compressor ... is it an auto power off switch? if so, the pressure regulator might not be completely shut - i'd check that out first ...

I checked everything it was alot of corrosion inside the head of the compressor (condens?) i suspect that the flap that supposed to close the air from slippin out thru the intake was not doing it's job.
now i'm almost done connecting the yankee compressor with the tank from the crap one, need to visit the plumber tomorrow for some fittings.
//Mats

I have a Craftsman 20 gallon tank version. Bought new about 30 years ago. Has 2 water traps, 50 foot of 3/8 hose. Fully adjustable air flow from 5 psi up to 90 psi. Everything is quick disconnect.

I checked everything it was alot of corrosion inside the head of the compressor (condens?) i suspect that the flap that supposed to close the air from slippin out thru the intake was not doing it's job.
now i'm almost done connecting the yankee compressor with the tank from the crap one, need to visit the plumber tomorrow for some fittings.
//Mats

Condensation would be a killer. Pullin' for ya Mats!

:popcorn

Hi Mats,

If the visit to the plumber is not succesfull maybe check out this site. I had compressor issues last years, bought me a new one and saved me lots of frustration.

;)

Frank

Back