• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sharkmouth

Combat History of Sturmpanzer-Abteilung 217

Sharkmouth

Information Overload
Staff member
sharkmouth submitted a new resource:

Combat History of Strumpanzer-Abteilung 217 - Panzer Wrecks

This new title, published by PanzerWrecks, continues the extremely high standard of the previous book I acquired on Berlin in 1945. The authors this time are Tim Haasler and Simon Vosters. The artist is still Felipe Rodna with his perfectly weathered renditions and the confidence to place the inspirational photograph next to it so you can see how close is its fidelity.

Two hundred and eighty four semi matte pages with title pages and hard covers serve to allow a high reproduction of the...

Read more about this resource...

I have it ............another excellent book from Panzerwrecks .
Are there any bad Panzerwrecks publications ?

Last edited:
Are there any bad Panzerwrecks publications ?

Half of the Panzerwrecks team was the late William Auerbach. Of course, I called him Bill, and we met in the 1980s at a NYC bookshop called Sky Books. He had authored Last of the Panzers:

1601498140586.png

In it was a Jagdpanzer 38 with a face on it. I started a discussion with him about it, and he wasn't so sure about my thesis that this was a baby mammoth. Anyway, decades later, after starting Panzerwrecks with Lee Archer, we revisited the discussion, and he agreed after I presented my case of the Mammut family:
  • Neubaufahrzeug was great granddad (Mammoth insignia)
    1601504151275.png
  • Tiger I granddad (with dual bins to emulate ears and Mammoth insignia of unit 502)
    1601504483227.png
  • StuG III Dad (the one with trumpeting Mammoths which some still insist are boars)
    1601504517616.png
  • Jagdpanzer IV L/70 Mom (no tusks)
    1601504587392.png
  • Jagdpanzer 38 baby (eyes and ears but no tusks)
    1601504617925.png
So I have yet to acquire a bad book from the Panzerwrecks team at the time and worried with the passing of Bill. However, Lee not only kept up the quality of the softcover books but expanded it into excellent hardcover tomes with excellent new authors.

Regards,

Last edited:
giphy (1).gif

I also have yet to acquire a bad book from the Panzerwrecks team .

Last edited:
So then archive images and not photographers. ;) Agreed, I have the whole series:

PWFA1a.JPG

Regards,

Back