• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Chopped up Falcon

kryptosdaddy

I know most are into the military end here, but for those that like space stuff, you may find this interesting...
I have the Millenium Falcon cutaway kit- it was a gift kit from years ago well I have already built the old MPC kit (decades ago too) so I wasnt even planning to build this until it hit me, why not change it?

Looking at the old Space 1999 Eagle, and the Moon bus from 2001 I got hit with an idea and broke out the tin snips and a hacksaw, chopped the kit into slices and with my scanner came up with this....

falcon_scrap_002__edit.jpg

The original copy has the kit at about 14 inches long and 8 across.

The edges behind the cockpit are different on purpose, this was so i could see how it could look tapered like a SAAB Viggen or smooth like well anything!

The build can possibly be built using just the parts from the kit- with the full interior there are plenty of spares to be had.

We'll see.

Not quite seeing where this is going yet, but I am intrigued. Will watch with interest. Used to love Space 1999 btw.
:popcorn
James

Wonderful to see the imagination flow! and good to see you back here building KD (y)

Back