• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Chip's Dragon 88 1/35- Done

kryptosdaddy

I forgot i made the commitment, here it is...

guns_88_flak_37%7E0.JPG

I'll post date in a min... an hour later can't get the camera to take a clear shot of the screen. oh well.

I had to back up because of camera problems (flash blurr )

These are from today... all that was started last night was separating parts into assembly groups and figuring where to start in the instructions- for the sake of conversation I'm starting at step #10, this will have the base built first, then i'll have a place to set the gun during its assembly- near 200 parts in the kit, but almost 440 in the box! At least i'll have a nice addition to the spare stash.

Photo158.jpg

Photo157.jpg

The only problem i have with this kit is the number of small parts on the trees- i will not wash or rinse this kit before building, this should not be an issue.

Re: Chip's Dragon 88 1/35

Nice one! i got the old tamiya 88 for christmas, so i will finally build an 88 to soon :D
I will follow your build, drinking beer and eating peanuts :)
//Mats

This is my first 88, and my first Dragon kit. i have had this since October i think, began the base last night after studying the instructions- now I'm wondering just what did I get my self into?

This will be straight out of box, metal barrel with NO shield.

began the base last night after studying the instructions

Chip, the start up photo with a date is mandatory for the Campaign. Even a blurry photo, where one can make out the date (or take a photo of the computer screen with the sprues) is needed.

Other than that, get ready! It is not a simple build but it is one of Dragon's best efforts.

Regards,

began the base last night after studying the instructions

Chip, the start up photo with a date is mandatory for the Campaign. Even a blurry photo, where one can make out the date (or take a photo of the computer screen with the sprues) is needed.

Other than that, get ready! It is not a simple build but it is one of Dragon's best efforts.

Regards,
Saul i have a super blurry pair of pics from last night, but you can tell the date and time in one if you squint... I'll post it now for the rules.

i have a super blurry pair of pics from last night, but you can tell the date and time in one if you squint... I'll post it now for the rules.

Thanks, Chip. Blurry or not, the fact you posted as per the guidelines is what matters. Other administrators can chime in as to whether the time can be seen but I don't think it will be a problem.

With real tiny pieces (PE or plastic) I actually put the sprue or fret inside a clear bag to cut it off. Now, with PE, I use a hold down tool from The Small Shop but it doesn't work with kit pieces.

CUTOFFSM2.jpg

Regards,

Regards,

Man you are not kidding! Here is step 10, the base- part of step 5, the fuse setter minus the dial panel (and the hand crank that flew across the room)- step 6, the guns mount, and steps 1 and 2 WITHOUT the shield option. 98 parts here together... ooorah. :fencing

88_first_day.JPG

88_first_day_28129.JPG

If I get lucky I may finish the building by the weekend! lol :yipee

Faster damnit. :laugh: Looking good Chip!

B)

Anybody need some parts? Here's whats left....

88_left_overs.JPG

Here she is- 138 parts + or - 2. Of course the dial panels are off until painting.

88_second_day_28229.JPG

For some reason the gun would not sit straight in the cradel! I think its fixed, worst step was #9, this was setting the angle guage to rotate with the guns attitude- if not for that it would have been done 2 hours ago- it does work as do the equibilators ? (sp) All plastic linkage.

88_second_day_28429.JPG

I think I broke a personal record with this kit! No wings or wheels to mess with, a good day. Enjoy. CR

(y) my that was a fast build!!
And it looks great! now on to painting the beast :soldier
:popcorn
//Mats

Nice clean looking build. Very nice (y) (y) (y)
Now the fun part, painting.
James

Thanks, this is one great kicking little kit- I'm sure adding the shield and all its pieces would have set me back a few more hours, but i wanted this visible. She's resting now... shhh. lol :zen

Krypto ,

Lookin' good. I like th turned barrel & reciprocator !! I'm lookin' forward to th paint !!

:erik

You kidding? i have 2 full barrels and the shield conversion set here- and three variations of that! there is nearly 200 parts left over, some of this is obviously for the 88 with the towing axles. There's wire spool parts, wheels NO TIRES, hand cranks, chain hooks, something that looks like antenna and various other stuff. MY scrap box is happy. There is so much left over I was just showing this off for the curious.

Glad you saw this though Saul, do you know what kit this (#6523) was derived from? be intersting to find a instruction set from what ever kit it was to see just how (in)complete this treasure trove is?

Funny thing is the Tauch Panzer has more parts and only a couple are marked on the sheets as being unused.

Back