• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Chattanooga Choo Choo

Big10

Time for a nother P-51D instalment. Cockpit underway.
IMG_20200809_143928091.jpg
IMG_20200809_143936634.jpg
IMG_20200809_143949332.jpg

Thanks, this will make Mustang #4, hope you all don't get tired of seeing mustangs. Gonna try for 2 more before end of year.

Hey if the mojo is flowing...roll with it.

Looking sharp. I actually need to build a Mustang before the end of January for the annual club build.

"Only Mustang makes it happen.
Only Mustang makes life great.
Mustang moves you, Mustang grooves you..."

Man I wish I could get my metal skin like that! :notworthy
Bob, it was a lot of trail and error and head banging against the wall before it got close to what you have seen my last few mustang builds. NMF is some of the hardest to do in my opinion. I really like the results this dry brushing give me.

Would you be so kind to do a recap on what you're doing please? This is Model Masters metalizers with the carrier dried out and dry brushed on? What's the base?

Thanks Paul :vgood:

Bob, the base is Mr. Finishing Surfacer Black 1500. Spray that on first and let dry. Now use Mr. Metal Color (very similar to the Model Master) and dry brush on after letting the carrier film dry. It may take multiple passes to build up the color and shine intensity you want. I will use a polishing wheel on my dremel and buff various spots to disfuse the pattern.

Now being that the stuff like to constantly rub off, lightly seal it with Mr. Color Super Metallics Aluminum or Super Chrome Silver thinned with Mr. Level thinner. Do not touch it after that and let dry.

Back