• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Challenge Campaign Sign Up

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
Claim your challenge here!

I'm a resin GMC deuce and a half truck that I got from James a while back. Tried to give it to Mike, he did't want to tackle it so it's back in my stash. Also the M3 37mm AT gun I got from Dave Harper years ago. Think that if I can do the GMC, the gun will be towed. REason it's a challenge, I've not done a full resin kit yet. The GMC is not fully resin but pretty close.

I'm in with this ZZ Modell Russian P-18 Radar Truck. Reason it's a challenge, see the below pics, especially of the P/E radar:

Russian_Radar_P18_I.JPG

Here's a shot of the resin pieces that are part of this kit:

normal_Russian_Radar_P18_III.JPG

And also a shot of the Photo-etch in this kit:

Russian_Radar_P18_II.JPG

Keep in mind this kit is still in 1/72 scale, making the truck itself about four inches long.

When do we start? Will there be a Main Page showing all the signers and what they are building?

I'm in with this ZZ Modell Russian P-18 Radar Truck. Reason it's a challenge, see the below pics, especially of the P/E radar:

When do we start? Will there be a Main Page showing all the signers and what they are building?

Start Feb 1, 2013
End Jan 31, 2014

You're on it.
James

Guys it seems that these days about anything I touch is a challenge. First thing I started building after many years off was the old Eduard 1/48th Hannover CL.IIIa. Warped top wing ended up toast with my first attempt to dewarp it. Thus a scratchbuilt top wing, fuselage that was so-so needed a 1/8th inch stretch (lucky it was middle to tail that needed to be longer) The half done scratch built engine finally hit the wall and it was put back in the box. :bang head Now there is the new WNW 1/32 Hannover CL.II kit. I expect it will be added to my list and built before the other gets drug out again.

As it is the resin monster Storm Eagle is coming close to the end of it's build. Still some work to go, but I have a deadline! July 27th. Golden Daemon national contest for those kind of kits here in Memphis TN. Three months I should be able to make it!
:blink

GAH!! :beer

I am in...just not sure whether I will do one or both of these:

003~45.jpg

Or the Masterpiece Models Quonset hut diorama I was thinking of...no box-- just these pieces:
001~45.jpg

002~37.jpg

Definitely starting on the Churchill....

Hi everyone! I just ordered this kit:

003221_05_015580_zpsa47796f9.jpg

I really don't know if its too difficult, but its my first attempt at a full resin kit, therefore a challenge for me. Would it be an appropriate entrant into the challenge campaign?

Mike
:fencing

Hi everyone! I just ordered this kit:

003221_05_015580_zpsa47796f9.jpg

I really don't know if its too difficult, but its my first attempt at a full resin kit, therefore a challenge for me. Would it be an appropriate entrant into the challenge campaign?

Mike
:fencing

You're the judge if you see it as a challenge or not so it's your call. Looking forward to seeing this built! :drinks

You're the judge if you see it as a challenge or not so it's your call. Looking forward to seeing this built! :drinks

Great! It should be here from Sprue Brothers around Thursday. I'll probably have as low start while I finish up my F-16 and my Cougar, but I am looking forward to the challenge, and getting a new ribbon! My one sad ribbon is feeling left out. :blush:

I have withdrawn this one from the "Wings over the Reich" build and i'll build it here - seems far more appropriate. I have only managed to re-scribe the top section of one wing and 1 vertical tail surface, as a percentage finished i'd say it's about 0.1% is that OK?

Yeah it's cutting close now for Challenge. I still want to build my GMC truck.

Geoff you need something moved? Link if for us and we'll move it if need be.

Thanks MP, no nothing needs moved i had just committed to this build on the WOTR GB so i just wanted all to know that i'm changing the subject.

Back