• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Captain William Kidd Completed

AndyFettes

Master at Arms
Hi all, arrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh Jim Lad

Finished at last, all in acrylics and placed on my special Ken Abrams base :)

Pics are my usual rubbishy standard so youll have to excuse that part of the post :huh:

img_3062_1_20101107_2094679059.jpg

img_3068_6_20101107_1203533694.jpg

img_3069_2_20101107_1158183686.jpg

img_3073_3_20101107_1241921900.jpg

img_3074_4_20101107_2039606976.jpg

img_3070_7_20101107_1913020421.jpg

Groan theres always things seen in close up photos that you dont see when looking normally
so its finished apart from a touch up here ahd there,....thats my story and Im sticking to it :hmmm

Very very nice. What company and scale?? I might have to dream of getting one of those.
James

Hey Andy

You have done a really nice job on this figure! I do have one thing I hope you will not mind. It is a very minor thing but I believe that it will only add to the extremely well done figure. I would think that if you added a seam line to the inside and outside of the pant legs, using both a shadow and highlight color that it would only add to the figure. You could also add one to the back of each sock/stocking and coat sleeve. This is just my 2 cents.

Joe

Captain Jack Sparrow , ......... " Yes , I know , .......... but why is all the rum gone "

" You are undoubtedly the worst pirate I've ever heard of "

" Aaaah yes , ...... but you have heard of me "

Great work Andy , ........ beauty paint up !!!

Figures are not my best area , ......... but I do learn from you Joe etc . .............. cool !!!

Well tighten my hempen halter; aye I'm liking this Andy!
So much colour thrown in there. What would Trinny and Suzanna think? :hmmm :D
The base is a wee ripper too...
Brad

Tanktrax, hey thank you very much :)

Joe, thank you very much for that advice !!! I shall have a go at it sometime today :)

Cheyenne, Cheers !! :)

Brad, yes the base is made by our very own Ken A and very good they are too :)

HI John !!!!

Thank you mate I really appreciate that

I dont think theres enough room for a name plate though unless its a real thin one :D

Andy,
Should be enough room on the routered ridge and it will sit at an angle. Make it the size from the top horizontal ridge to the bottom horizontal ridge. If you understand what I mean. Make it as long as you would like and center it.:S
Hope this makes sense.
Cheers
John

I am understandings, John :)

Im just working on "Death Valley Dash" and putting him onto a base now then knocked one of his hands off :( So gonna have to repaint that and them try and knock out a nameplate or go and buy some.

getting these ready for the IPMS show on Saturday

Hey guys

Thankyou for all the great tips and advice ( especially Joe H and John B, to name but a few ) as William got me a Gold at the recent IPMS show I attended

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh Jim Lad

Back