• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Can't view full editor.

Plastik Smurff

When in Editor I cannot get the full width of it,also no matter what reply button I use I do not get a preview button at the bottom of the window.
Also a lot of pic's that I view are so large,I cannot see the poster's avatar.
Can I fix this ?

Hi all,

I am not sure what you see in the Reply or Quick Reply modes as they seem to work for me. However, I was so used to (ahem) other sites that I did not know where the preview button was. Unlike other sites, the preview buttons (note plural) are in the toolbar as seen in the attached screenshot. The left one is an over (edit) under (preview) while the right one is a side (left is edit) by side (right is preview) format.

PreviewButtons.jpg

If possible, provide a screenshot of what you see in the Reply and Quick Reply modes.

Regards,

Hi this is what i see when i reply, no attachment field :( i had it but for a couple of weeks it's gone.
Image4.jpg

is it something i done or is it on the server?
It was really nice and easy to use, and not to have to use photobucket
//Mats

you are using Firefox, as I am, so I don't know why the attachment field isn't working (unless it has to do with permissions for admins/moderators & such).

Mats, Modelers' Alliance has a great Gallery, try it. I did and I have stopped using Photobucket. At work, some people have Photobucket blocked by their network administrators but Modelers' Alliance and its gallery are not blocked. I know of someone (MoonPuppy) who tries to see the forums at work. Read his signature.

Regards,

I will try it, but it was so easy just klick it there in the attachments and not go thru the gallery.
Must go thru the settings

In your screenshot the icons from the dog to the one with the blue writing I don't get and the indicated preview selectors don't give me a previw,only a mirror image of what I type and don't show pic's at all.
Also I cant put any type before pic's as the type get's pushed to the bottom of the post as it did in the post you fixed for me.
.Kurt.

you are using Firefox, as I am, so I don't know why the attachment field isn't working (unless it has to do with permissions for admins/moderators & such).

yes, Admin folks are the only ones who can see the attachments option. Reason for this if you make use of the attactment and you attempt to cross post to another forum it's much more difficult to link to the image. We can have better management of who's images we're seeing so we can give full credit to the owner of the image. We strongly encourage the use of the Gallery to host your images.

Mats, Modelers' Alliance has a great Gallery, try it. I did and I have stopped using Photobucket. At work, some people have Photobucket blocked by their network administrators but Modelers' Alliance and its gallery are not blocked. I know of someone (MoonPuppy) who tries to see the forums at work. Read his signature.

Regards,

Not only that, but Photobucket sucks!! :pp

Now to the other issue, I think it may be a Internet Explorer issue. Let me log in and see what the forum looks like from there.

WTF MAN! This is from IE. I can see some issues. Thanks for the heads up guys.

Of course, the easiest fix is to use Firefox browser, or really, anything other than IE.

Quick Reply doesn't have a toolbar. This is normal. Reply has the full toolbar. I am writing this from IE 9.0.8112.16421IC.

Regards,

Saul, notice how the editor box takes up the full width of IE pane? The Submit and Cancel bottons are not centered as they should be. I'm righting out this message to see that the line break rolls back and forth, the full edit box seems to be wider than the width of the template page...Freakin' IE, they seem to be a moving target. There's been 3 major releases of Firefox since these templates were created and they haven't broken, seems like every time IE is updated all sorts of stuff breaks. :bang head

Click edit on my post here and see what I mean. you have stuff underlaping on this post with no scroll bars to navigate with.

So lookin at this,mabey the simplist way for me is to use Firefox to be sure.
Won't help me bein a dumb a##s postin pic's but.

Well it sure ain't gonna hurt! :mpup

Firefox has some really nice plugins, one I really like is the Adblock Plus, with it installed and pulling info from one of the public databases it will block nearly all properly formated internet advertising. you can surf a website without the noise of third party stuff glaring at ya.

I can attach via photobucket but when I put a picture in that is over 800 wide it goes off the screen, enlarging the overall field but the formatting allows it to go beyond the boundary. What is the maximum size I have to make the photo's?

Ian the fixed width of the forum message area is about 780 pixels, your 800 width images are fine because the system should resize for viewing pleasure. It's when you come back and edit that post that causes the problems you run into. The editor box is slightly smaller. Why the submit button disappears on you, I have no idea. I'll check out one of your post from IE and see what's going on. Most likely it's related to this template issue we are havening.

I think this is the root problem, IE is not resizing images. Putting it on my todo list. Sorry for the troubles.

I am still using IE 9 (I was a Lowes Home Improvement buying stuff but am back). All seems normal. The editor looks fine. It is probably the setting in IE 9 have to be tweaked again. They sure don't make it easy!

Regards,

For a short while a couple of weeks ago i had the attachment option in the reply editor, and i posted some pics of my "machinen krieger" where did those end up? :hmmm
//Mats

Back