• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Canopy tinting help needed...

Jeeves

Ok...so I went to tint my Prowler canopies with Future tinted with yellow food coloring...and the first dip wasn't dark enough...so I did another. The tint is just the right color...but now,despite going slow, there are bubbles all over the canopies. How can I eliminate them...or do I strip with Windex and start all over?

I dont know how well it works but I heard a light spritz with Windex with ammonia will cause the future to settle down. Worth a try as you will probably end up stripping it down seeing as how late this is coming. BTW I always put a few drops of Windex with ammonia in the future to help it flow better. Never had a bubble stick since I started doing that.
James

Haven't done anything to it yet James ;) Just spray and leave it or do I try buffing them out?? Seems like that might take it right down to the plastic I suppose?

Haven't done anything to it yet James ;) Just spray and leave it or do I try buffing them out?? Seems like that might take it right down to the plastic I suppose?

What he means is when the bubbles form they form like little craters with a slightly raised ridge on the edge. You wet it with the Windex and let it sit STILL - don't touch. The amonia should break the glaze of the wax and cause the wax to settle on its own- works in theory.

Back