• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Can anyone tell me why...

blk_bettygto

...i'm constantly seeing the love of my life (Leopard2) :kiss: on his hands and knees under the work bench with a flashlight? :hmmm
I swear he spends more time under there than actually up top working on the mountain of plastic laid out there!

Aimee

I laughed out loud on this...

it's paying tribute to the modeling gods...only we pay some times with a critical part.

Glad I could provide a belly laugh. I've certainly been laughing a lot this evening at Joe (all in fun of course). I think this might the affect of Nyquil on his brain.

Too funny. Tell him to pick a scrap piece and say how there is only one and its very important then drop it. The carpet monsters will release the lost part as they grab for the bogus important part. :D
James

Too funny. Tell him to pick a scrap piece and say how there is only one and its very important then drop it. The carpet monsters will release the lost part as they grab for the bogus important part. :D
James
That, or he could just model on the floor??? :D

That, or he could just model on the floor??? :D

Ah Mike,

I guess you tried it when I suggested that on the other thread? It does work, doesn't it! It does help if you don't have pets who then try to lie on your lap while modeling.

you can easily make your own version of this:
apron.jpg

Mine was actually designed to catch crumbs and stray bits at the dinner table but adapted it to the hobby bench. Also, have Joe cut the PE inside a clear plastic bag. Using the proper tools helps a lot when removing them from a fret. Some use modeling scissors or more expensive PE scissors but I use a new hobby blade and Ausfwerk's The Block while holding the part down:
PaK-40Late-007.jpg

There have been several articles in the The Sprue University about PE. Once a piece is lost, this may be helpful:
https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/Sprue-U-Tips-and-Techniques/18927-Launched-pe-finder-tool-

Regards,

Nope, there's no infuriated German pennies here. And oh how quickly this turned to PE :evil: Actually it was plastic that decided to go "PING" over and over again last night.
He's just home from work now and hasn't brought out the mountain of plastic yet so we'll see in due time if the carpet monster is starving or got it's fill last night.

Me?How? What? Where? Sorry I couldn't reply sooner was looking for some parts that I had dropped. What is this thread about anyway?

Joe

:laugh: classic!
It is so comforting to see everyone with the same hasles (hah:lol: The carpet monster is the same breed as the woodgrain floor monster.

Ian.

Let's not forget tiles where you hear the echoes as the piece goes further away but never know in which direction.

I know I mentioned this before but I have had success (limited but I take what I can get) by using a vacuum cleaner. I usually take from my wife some old pantyhose which I tape over the end of the vacuum tube nozzle. The nylon keeps it from getting sucked in. One must look every once in a while at the crud. After a few sessions, we have a nice floor and pieces are found quicker. My wife was happy that I was cleaning until she saw the pantyhose on the nozzle. That is, until she told me the pantyhose were not old! So, ask the lady of the house for a set she will no longer use.

Regards,

Back