• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bummer

jknaus

Administrator
Airshow weekend here in Cold Lake and a heat wave. I decided I might go despite the heat kicking the stuffing out of me, but yesterday the smoke rolled in. Really heavy. I'm not sure they will fly in this. Frecce Tricolori is here, a P-51, P-40 and what I really want to crawl all over, a Lancaster. F-35 is here and a bunch more. Kind of bummed because I definitely wont go out in this. Chris and I are feeling the effects.
Not a good picture as its thicker and more orangey , but an idea.
1721493303715.jpeg

They are trying to get some birds in the air. I heard aircraft taking off earlier but it has been quiet for a while. The Snowbirds have low and flat shows they may be able to perform. The Frecce Tricolori may have something similar in their bag of trcks. The Lancaster won't be flying so likely the Harvard IV and P-40E won't be either. The F-22 went U/S after its arrival earlier in the week. They are moving some of the aircraft that were scheduled to fly over to the static display area.

There has been WiFi problems as well for people with E-Tickets on their phones. The Organizing Crew have been having the same problems trying to get updates posted.

On a brighter note, the CF188 Demo aircraft was a big hit over at RIAT. For those on FB, there are photos and videos (videos may be on YouTube too) of it flying the Mach Loop in Wales and doing a formation pass at RIAT with the 402 Sqn marked Spitfire LF Mk Vb of The Fighter Collection.

Cheers,
RichB

From what I've just read, it seems the flying has been called off for the day. The smoke is forecast (10+ AQHI and 1.2 km visibility) to remain as is for at least the next 24 hrs, not looking good for flying tomorrow.

Cheers,
RichB

Back