• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BTR-80

Ship

Hi everyone! :silly:
This is my old model, pulled out from under the two-year dust and almost ready for painting.
At the moment I almost finish it. I decided to lay out the whole process, I hope it will be interesting :)
Model Zvezda(Old Dragon),PE Eduard, barrel and a spotlight modelpoint. I think the green paint
1c675fe0cda3.jpg

d4482ed73b69.jpg

3a9b680c81ea.jpg

7f9da0253938.jpg

5f940f4a1174.jpg

Then paint in black
d08c969ebb3e.jpg

Painting in the base (Tamiya mix) and shading with the airbrush, raising the individual elements of a brush
897562543e13.jpg

b4cbf6f4a8a1.jpg

de3db3134d3e.jpg

2df2d8f80108.jpg

8f47633e850d.jpg

ca64a377abc4.jpg

Microscale decals
dc07aa96a348.jpg

550ec836946a.jpg

Oil filters, oily smears point (sorry don `t know how correctly called)
b256fcb949e8.jpg

a590439e019c.jpg

60d583f405df.jpg

1d26772ec7b1.jpg

We do chips ....

Hi Ship.

Wow. This one is looking like it is going to be just as nice as your M-60a3. We need to try to convince you to join our U.S. Marines Group Build that is starting March 1st. You do such great work on the modern stuff.

Gary B)

Nice! This is on my pile to do. I want to do one with slat armor as seen in Georgia in 2008. Super nice build! Love it!

HI all !!! :) :) :)
kaleu, StuG,
I thank for attention, I will continue to show process
G Cooper thanks!
I will try to make not worse than м60. After the modern reservation I wish to take a break, to collect technics WW2., but it would be very interesting to me to observe for U.S. Marines Group Build
53Chevy,
Yes I too saw it in such updating, very interesting. I wish to make a diorama storm Grozny 1995, all that is required to me it a dirt and the improvised reservation from boxes.
Richard Marchand, thanks
Wheels from a set not where do not suit, if only for a bicycle :woohoo: . Well that I have a remarkable alternative to them.
;)

moon puppy,
I have received strips pounding oil points, the most important thing to stop in time. I hope at me on the camera there were photos if not who has not removed that will necessarily lay out :blush:

Ship wrote:
moon puppy,
I have received strips pounding oil points, the most important thing to stop in time. I hope at me on the camera there were photos if not who has not removed that will necessarily lay out :blush:

Pounding Oils points, I like that. I'm going to guess that's a dot filter that some how got lost in translation. :woohoo:

You did it very well. If you have the pictures that would be great if you can share, if not, no worries. ;)

moon puppy,
Yes, I have cool online the translator :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
My camera has returned to me, here that there I have found
16c52eee4d07.jpg

d8b345335700.jpg

6b28afb79269.jpg

53Chevy,
I took these wheels from the friend, whether I do not know they trade with other countries :unsure: , but here is
http://www.hobby-city.ru/catalog/allacessories/capitan/type/armor/

With the best regards,Nikita :)

Hey Nikita

I'm always happy to see some new nice modern armour topics on forums. I think there is to much german WW2 etc....
As for your BTR-80 nice updating you've done. The colour looks nicely painted aswell, I assume with an airbrush? Now I'm waiting to see some more weathering, the beginning looks very promising!
I don't believe this is you're first model right? Do you have some pics of other projects?

Keep it up

Cheers Roel

That looks very cool. I have one in my stash also. I'll book mark this for future ref.
James

Cheers Nikita,
The BTR is really nice, you got the best from this old kit. Nice paintjob also. Hope some figures will appear soon ;)
Also wonder how will the new trumpeter BTR look like.

Regards
Tibor

HI ALL!!! :laugh:
Excuse for a long break. :blush:
Thanks for comments Dioramix, jknaus, jose luis lopez are very pleasant. :cheer:

Thorvard thanks. You it is made are right it not the first my model. Here in galleries can see М60а3. Also in boxes from under footwear :) , it is ready for painting Tigr B and merkava 3, only I yet did not photograph them. Primary colour on model painted airbrush Hansa 581.

Bob, I will be I try to do as soon as possible, especially in plans a diorama. If not holidays everyone there all would be faster. ;)

noir, figures in process, them will be not less than 10.

Here the new step of my building, has made dark wash, with has painted chips.

787f1f4d66a2.jpg

f7db4b52113a.jpg

2d38a4aabc7f.jpg

2702dcfad833.jpg

f20edca970d5.jpg

Back