• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BROKENEAGLE'S PAINTINGS - update 23rd Oct'23- a new sci-fi painting idea.

I am currently really busy 'preping' for my first attendance at the Australian IPMS Expo here in Melbourne since 2019. This will be my first show back selling my art since pre-Covid, so I have a lot to do and have not had time to get on line here much at all and this will continue until after the show in mid June.
However, I am very happy with a new piece that I have just finished, which is a part 2 to my original Brokeneagles 3 Retrieval painting, set in Russia in late 1942. The Pilot is waiting for pickup after a belly landing. This is based on an actual JG3 crash.
Me 109 G2 v8 small.jpg

Part 2 - Departure, is set after the pilot has been picked up by the Storch. It is later in the day and has a lot more mood to it , concentraing more on the plane itself. It is posing a fundamental question about war itself, as the war machine sits siliently on the steppe, harmless without its pilot......... who is the real war machine, the man or the machine.
Oooh deep!:hmm: but really a question that I have contemplated in the past.
Anyway a nice bookend to the story and I was able to deepen the original art to be more contemplative.
*Sorry these images have been vetted for facebook etc. Dangerous to depict real history online these days.
departure web_n.jpg

Last edited:
Really good artwork Ian! I think this is one of your best pieces!
Next weekend I am going to Wonderfest in Louisville, Kentucky. Have 2 figure kits that I have been waiting on to finish out a set of 8 that all fit together. These are going to hit me a little, but they are going to be about the last figure kits for quite a while. One is the kit that made me really stop and take a good looksee at these kits and I should have bought it years ago. The other is, I think, about the funniest of the bunch. These days I am mostly focusing on obtaining the AM for kits I have which is enough of a bite in the can.
If it isn't something that I can see me really wanting to build, I am going to be passing on it.
Good luck at your IPMS Expo! Take plenty of photos we would love to see what you all are building in Aussie land.

This is spectacular! I have never tried a military painting. Too many straight lines LOL! I especially love the mood of the second painting. Excellent use of contrast.

Something I have been sketching and coming back to........its the basis for a new sci-fi painting but its still going around and around in my head until my brain sorts out the final idea! :hmm::soldieron
A giant robot head sitting in the ruins of a city with maybe a small boy with a cart standing looking at it........... maybe. This is just the super ruff idea in a quick sketch. :hmm:?
What do you think?
landscape skull.jpg

Back