• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BROKENEAGLE'S PAINTINGS - update 23rd Oct'23- a new sci-fi painting idea.

Just so you know Ian, I don't miss your posts. I've seen all your art! I wouldn't miss it!!!!

Bob
OH, sorry Bob. Thank you.
It was because you liked the 'After the battle' version rather than the combat one, so I thought that you had missed it while you were getting 'repaired' at the hospital etc. :)
I am glad though, as I like this one too even though there are more hours in the other one. Go figure. :hmm::doh:

DESTROYER/ HK - the idea...........
Something a little different.......another character being developed around my graphic story idea of a future corporation called TRANSCORP, running a spaceport on a planet that collects abandoned spaceships (like a junkyard). I have already done a number of art pieces around this story and this is the latest one since I finished the Engineer in 2020.
This one is still in progress but basically its a worker droid that transcorp has removed the control unit from (hence the space in the centre of its head) and re-wired it to become a destroyer/ hunter that , shall we say, collects unpaid debts to the Corporation.
When the control unit is in place, the droid conducts jobs that match the control unit that was installed - miner, laborer, hospitality etc. It is against the standing rules of the galactic arm to remove these for exactly the reason shown here.
I am still working on the head details and will paint the head unit to show beside it, or maybe above it - like an exploded diagram maybe?
It needs some tech and texture in the backgound as well.......to be continued.
Hope you like it so far.
robothead5hwebsmaller.jpg

Last edited:
Beautifully brilliant work! At first I thought you were doing a ship when I read 'destroyer' but this is most intriguing already! Nice work!

Thanks Mike, Jeeves and Duke, thanks for looking in and leaving some feedback - every bit helps.
Duke M - glad I have you intrigued, that was always my intent :vgood:

......a bit further along with some more details, blood splatter, possible background and some label ideas.
Any feedback welcome as it will help me finish the final stages.
robothead5jweb.jpgrobothead5jwtextWEB.jpg

Last edited:
HK DROID COMPLETED
A new character [that I have shown in developement] for the Spaceport story theme/idea that I posted earlier this year during its progress. Its finally finished - I have been working on this off and on all year and needed a final bit of inspiration to finish.
HK fb add.jpg

web2wretro.jpg
HK DROID/DESTROYER modification - the story
A future corporation called TRANSCORP is running a large corporation across the Galaxy that collects abandoned spaceships and recycles them, putting some of the tech back into the creation of Worker Droids while others are used for more nefarious creations.
I have already done a number of art pieces around this idea and this is the latest one I have completed since I finished the Engineer in 2020.
The feel of this one is that its a 'wanted' style poster, put up on a spaceport corridor wall by the authorities . The droid is a worker droid that has had the control unit removed [from the head - hence the space in the centre) and re-wired to become a destroyer/ hunter that , shall we say, collects unpaid debts.
Spacecorp has denied their involvement but the money collected always ends up back at the Corporation.
When the control unit is in place, the droid conducts jobs that match the unit's program that was installed - miner, laborer, hospitality etc. It is against the standing rules of the galactic arm to remove these for exactly the reason shown here.
The picture shows the intial sketch and the final product.
Hope you like it.

Last edited:
THE NEXT 2 TANKS FOR MY 1945 SERIES PAINTINGS
These 2 images have me pretty 'keen' on painting them as 2 more in my 1945 series, no1 being Tiger 323 Berlin.
I think its a M.N.H Panther built from October '44. The cammo pattern on the barrel and lack of zimmerit have me pretty convinced.
It also has lacks the foliage rings that were added in Dec but has the rectangular OrterKompass mounting (on the turret roof) that was fitted from Sept - Nov 44. M.N.H. did not fit poison gas detector panels on the turret roof until December and this turret does not have any.
The rear deck looks as though it has the inner section of the crew heater fan half obliterated but still there. The rest of the fan covers on the engine deck have been blown off so its hard to know but it would fit the build.
This pics have no date or location but I think it's in Germany in 1945, as the road looks pretty dry for a late October build, early knockout before winter and the trees still have all their leaves.
20221207_122002cutweb.jpg20221207_122014web.jpg20221207_150236web.jpg

The other one is this Pzr Abt. 655 Jagpanther knocked out in the Reichswald Forrest in March 1945
20221207_122051.jpg

Last edited:
A bit of sci-fi sketching I did the other morning , a well worn shuttle concept.
Just a bit of fun...maybe useful for something more serious in the future but I though I would give you guys a look as I have only done 2 pieces of art this year.
spceshuttle 3web.jpg

Last edited:
Back