• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BROKENEAGLE'S PAINTINGS - update 23rd Oct'23- a new sci-fi painting idea.

I like it! :tens:
Glad you like it Mike!:)
AUSGETZEICHNET!!:notworthy
Thanks Rhino :)
What they said

:notworthynotworthy:notworthy
Thanks MP and thanks for the Admin support.:dude:
A mere mortal such as myself does not have the words....
C6z.gif

PM Sent Sir!
:victory:
Glad yo like it Eric!:coolio2: I will check my mail. ;)

The companion to the Ltd Edition, set after the battle - finally finished!
This one is quite different capturing a model box/ profile vibe.
The changes to the 'post battle version', apart from the obvious background changes, are quite a few. I wanted to match the details in the photos taken by the Russians (once the battle was over) so as to make this a genuine companion to the Ltd Edition combat painting.
This will be the first of a series I will be doing on tanks from 1945 - well thats the plan as long as I can find time.
So lets take a look at what is different..... like a model :)
Background - faded landscape details including Russian soldiers, specifications added to the left side and forground detail sketched in and faded out
Tank details - all hatches open, MG barrell now facing up, turret stowage bin damaged, shot hits added to the wheels, side cable removed, hanging tow cable added, rainmarks added to the side and Maultier track added to the front track bar.
Both versions are all finished now and at over 300+ hours I am well over it and looking forward to doing some models. This one feels just like finishing a major diorama project where at the end you find yourself finishing all the little parts and feeling fairley burt out.
Thanks for looking, comments welcome . :dance:
TigerSPEC adweb .jpg

Last edited:
I hope I don’t sound like a total dummy when I say you should sell prints of this and others

you do sell prints of these rite?

I hope I don’t sound like a total dummy when I say you should sell prints of this and others

you do sell prints of these rite?
Yes , absolutely. I enjoy the creativity, just like doing a diorama, but there are too many hours spent to not try to sell them as prints. :good:

Beautiful Ian,

I think this is my favorite so far. I love the faded background. Especially the Brandenburg Gate. The way you did it gives it a kind of nebulous appearance, a dreamlike quality. Just fantastic! I think I can relate to what you said about finishing a major diorama project. I've been there and done that one! You're one hell of an artist! I'm your number one fan! Congratulations!

Bob

Beautiful Ian,

I think this is my favorite so far. I love the faded background. Especially the Brandenburg Gate. The way you did it gives it a kind of nebulous appearance, a dreamlike quality. Just fantastic! I think I can relate to what you said about finishing a major diorama project. I've been there and done that one! You're one hell of an artist! I'm your number one fan! Congratulations!

Bob
Thanks Bob, hope you are still getting better each day. :dude:
I really like this one too, as it feels more like a model box picture with all the specs and extra graphics. You may not have seen the 'before the battle' version that is on the page before, so i will attach it here again as it makes a nice comparison.
last tiger1 _web.jpg

Wow, Somehow I have missed a lot of this!

Your latest Tiger is amazing Ian! I still have the print I won as a prize back during a Call to Arms!

Very impressive art!

Back