• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

British 155mm AS-90 spg

135engineer

When this build was announced I knew I wanted to get in on it. Well after much deliberation . I decided it was time to go big or go home . So now we have the British AS-90 .Its 155mm of mobile "bring the rain".

he34da0e_2015-10-26.JPG

Got a bit of work done. Don't usually mock up the running gear this early in the game but the upper hull is going to be a close fit.
h36d1f72.JPG

h9c085c3.JPG

Started working out the upper hull little filler may be in order.

h1d059dd.JPG

The thing that was surprising was the upper hull was separated from the sprue at the factory and in the process big holes were ripped in the fenders. so those get fixed as well. A little masking tape backing that can be removed later and some good ol stand by Tamiya putty.
haf27ac5.JPG

I could not resist fitting the gun together and start smooting it out........

ha6b1d6a.JPG

Thanks brother. This kit has some issues which I didn't expect from trumpeter. They are usually really good . it's nothing a little TLC can't fix

Yes it was will . I am going with the traditional UK bronze green and a slightly faded black. Now if I can just keep the rest simple. I promised myself that it was going to be oob and a simple base we will see how that works out

Back