• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Box art as reference

G Cooper

Now a-days most of the kits we buy (armor & aircraft) have a really nice painting on the top. And for years these have been very well done, and extensivley researched by the artist (that means very accurate, Just ask Ron Volstadt how much research he puts into a box art painting and you will probably be surprised). That means that if you care to look, there is a great deal of details that you can get just from the box top. Of course the only problem is you only get one side, but I still manage to see lots of things that otherwise would have escaped me. And I have been doing this for years and years with kits from Tamiya,DML,and Hasegawa.

Of course there are always exceptions. As the idea is to use this as a reference from modern kits.

aurora-me109.jpg

box-aurora-earlyfw.jpg

These two would fall into the catagory of not quite reliable :unsure: :woohoo:

Gary B)

Hey Gary,

I hear what you're saying. However, I guess the 109 in red isn't strictly speaking wrong - wasn't the pre-war speed racing 109 (D-1 SLU) red?

Rudi :)

Back