• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bofors 37mm antitank gun

Bagge

joining in with a small gun from Sweden, by the time it was considered one of the best a-t guns and many countries used it, for example poland, finland and the Brittish army also used this.

The kit is by Mirage hobby from poland
Here is the start pics.

P1090526.JPG

P1090527.JPG

and here is some pics of the build, was building and looking on saving private ryan, it's a pretty decent kit and it have some drawbacks but in all it builds up good and have some nice details.

P1090528.JPG

P1090529.JPG

P1090531.JPG

This is where i am now, tomorrow it's bbq with the modelclub here at our place, so i see if i get some benchtime after that, it shouldn't be so much left just painting B)
P1090532.JPG

P1090533.JPG

//Mats

:D thanks guys, yes it's a quick built kit not many parts but pretty good details, gonna paint it like a gun used in finland.
I also have the 25mm hotchkiss gun from heller that the finns used, so i just wait for someone to start making finnish soldiers..... or try to scratch some.... :hmmm (Veerle have the finnish Stug from Tamiya, maybe i can lay my hands on the crew from that one).
//Mats

Ok, tonight i managed to get some benchtime, after a weekend of bbq and baptism :)
It was not much left to do when i stopped last time so here it is now! :soldier

P1090547.JPG

P1090548.JPG

P1090549.JPG

It was fiddly to get the shield in place, it sits on 4 small pins and i was close to breaking it off a couple of times :bang head
P1090550.JPG

P1090551.JPG

P1090552.JPG

And primed :drinks
P1090553.JPG

Hopefully tomorrow i will start painting it :D

//Mats

Ooh, I missed this or I would've posted my walkaround earlier:

Click to see 29 images of a Swedish Bofors on display in New Jersey, USA. This is the same type of gun, with a few minor modifications, which was used by the Poles as the Wz. 36.

Regards,

Looking good Mats (y)

I like the look of these little guns! I still have to figure out what I'm going to build and you are almost finished :woohoo: I have to hurry!

Looking forward to see more! :popcorn :popcorn

Groeten Erik

Ooh, I missed this or I would've posted my walkaround earlier:

Click to see 29 images of a Swedish Bofors on display in New Jersey, USA. This is the same type of gun, with a few minor modifications, which was used by the Poles as the Wz. 36.

Regards,

Thanks Saul!
Glad i didn't see those pics before i built it....so many small things that i would have done different!! :bang head

Finland and poland manufactured this one under license, but the finns didn't use the optic sight they had some other way to aim that worked better under their conditions :D
//Mats

:woohoo: It's done!!
here are the pics of the finnished Bofors 37mm gun.

P1090562.JPG

P1090561.JPG

P1090560.JPG

It was a nice little kit, maybe not the best but it looks decent.
//Mats

Back