• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Blizzard in U.S. North East

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
I'm reading the head lines that the North East has been hit pretty hard with a lot of global warming (sorry, can't resist) .

Let's hope our friends are safe and haven't lost power and are getting in some major bench time after getting the their snow removal done.

Here's to that. Stay warm, dry, and safe.

We had a bit of that kind of thing ourselves out here on the left coast on Friday to Saturday. Here in Burbank we got a little over 2.5 inches of rain in about 10 hours. I have been places like Alabama where that happens in about an hour or two :eek:hmy: , But that is a lot for us here. And the rain wasn't the real problem. That is going to come in the next few weeks when all the rain that soaked in to the ground is going to start to give us mudslides everytime it rains through February. Maybe even into March :pinch: .

Gary B)

I started shoveling at 5 am this morning , .... the beers about 7 , ..... we got a good 2 feet with drifts up to 5 - 6 feet in some areas ..........

God I'm tired , ..... I need a nap so's I can watch the Colts beat the Saints later ...........

Picture1173.jpg

look at that handsome devil! ^^^

I don't know why they are saying north east though, the parts of the north east that are supposed to get lots of snow didn't see any of this storm, MA./RI./ME./NH./VT./ etc. I live in the north east and the only trace of snow I have around me is whats covering the frozen streams and ponds or maybe a bit of a dusting in the permanently shady areas. Any part of the yard that gets steady sun is bare of any snow. :angry:

I believe New Jersey/Pennsylvania was about as north as it got.

There's a man with his priorities in hand...shovel, beer...great thing about the beer, you can leave it in the snow drift while working.

Ken Abrams wrote:
look at that handsome devil! ^^^

I don't know why they are saying north east though, the parts of the north east that are supposed to get lots of snow didn't see any of this storm, MA./RI./ME./NH./VT./ etc. I live in the north east and the only trace of snow I have around me is whats covering the frozen streams and ponds or maybe a bit of a dusting in the permanently shady areas. Any part of the yard that gets steady sun is bare of any snow. :angry:

I believe New Jersey/Pennsylvania was about as north as it got.

Anything above the Mason/Dixon is North East for me. come to think of it, anything above VA Border is North East for me... :woohoo:

Glad to hear it wasn't as bad. We got some MAJOR rain around here, last several years we have been in drought conditions but recently, there's been some ponds long forgotten about to refill and that ditch that was once a creek is now flowing again.

moon puppy wrote:
Anything above the Mason/Dixon is North East for me. come to think of it, anything above VA Border is North East for me... :woohoo:

Yeah I didn't really mean you, all the news media and even internet searches give you "big storm hits north east"

grumpyoldman wrote:
Didn't get anything by me.

and you're in Joisey right Dave?

I'd pay money for two feet of snow...

:angry:

moon pu ppy wrote:
There's a man with his priorities in hand...shovel, beer...great thing about the beer, you can leave it in the snow drift while working.

:unsure: :idonno :ermm: :S

I don't get it :hmmm

If you had beer, why would you ever want to put it down :pinch:

:drink :p :laugh: ;)

Gary B)

I hate bad weather now. We had a bugger of an ice storm here in Okla. last week and we were completely without power for 7 days. Haven't checked to see if my acrylics are ok :S

Yep, storm stayed way south of me though.
Although they are now (this morning) predicting another storm heading this way, and they are also predicting it reach farther north than the last one.

Back