• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Blasts From The Past

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
Earlier this year, I remodeled my model shop. In doing so, I came across some treasures from days gone by and I thought it might be fun to see some that others still have from The Good Ol' Days. Post 'em if you've got 'em, I'll start it off.

From the mid to late 60's, my first King Tiger.

IMG_2392 (2).JPGIMG_2393 (2).JPGIMG_2394 (2).JPGIMG_2395 (2).JPG
Back then, attention to things like seam lines and sprue attachment points took a backseat to getting it done so we could see it run across the floor.

My old Indian Head bank that Dad brought me. I lost the key and there's still some coins inside. I think it came to me in 1962.
IMG_2390 (2).JPGIMG_2391 (2).JPG

There's no telling the ages of these next two, all I know is they got used!

IMG_2381 (2).JPGIMG_2382 (2).JPGIMG_2384 (2).JPGIMG_2385 (2).JPGIMG_2386 (2).JPG

From the late 60's, a vintage GI Joe detonator.

IMG_2383 (2).JPG
I still recall the day this card came in the mail, honors and benefits included.

IMG_2380 (2).JPG

Hartland Plastics made a line of ball players, but they were more expensive than my allowance allowed. I got Yogi for my 11th birthday (I really wanted a Mickey Mantle, but Yog was cool too).

IMG_2387 (2).JPGIMG_2388 (2).JPG
His mask is lost to antiquity, reproductions are available, but finding him in the box was pretty awesome.

This belonged to my Grandpa Trent, there's story behind it, but having it on my desk makes me think of him.

IMG_2389 (2).JPG

Oil can what?

And lastly, here's a photo my grandfather took of my best friend, brother from another mother, Steve and I playing army with Grandpa's stash of American Legion relics. Steve always ended up being the German, but we had a ball and went home tired.

Scan_20211114 (2).jpg

There's several more boxes to go through, I'm sure I'll find something to add.

Looking forward to seeing what you post up, have a happy new year!

IMG_2236.JPG

:Drinks:

Back