• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Big Kitty Commander

G Cooper

I think that I really should be doing this guy here, Instead of the XH&H forum as it is just the figure that I am working on right now. So here it is. Not really much to look at yet. Just the basic first steps.

The base figure. All I have done (and will do) to this figure is change his arms, which are in the typical Tamiya " human forklift " position :laugh:
004_20100107_1863947529.jpg

005_20100107_1023171969.jpg

With a coat of primer. His left shoulder looks a little rough, but I don't really want to spend tons of time on him. I figure I can live with it. Especially as the worst of it is on his back and that will not be the point of view for the simple diorama I want to do with him.

002_20100108_1809368563.jpg

004_20100108_1261238526.jpg

Here is the color base I will be working from. German Grey as the base for a black Panzer tunic. And Tamiya buff mixed with a little bit of white for the camo pants he will get. For the skin tone I used more of the Tamiya buff mixed with a few drops of flat brown just so his skin isn't the same color as his pants.

001_20100108_1258224533.jpg

003_20100108_1009413057.jpg

This will be interesting as I have not actually done any figures for quite a while. I will let the paint dry and harden for a day or so. Then I will start with the oil paints on Sunday or Monday.

Gary B)

Nice work, Gary.

The arms don't look quite right though where you've repositioned them. I think the bicep is maybe a bit long. Might just be the camera angle though.

Anymore progress on this one? So if this is for XH, when are you doing your XM figure? ;)

Rudi

Hi Rudi.

Yeah, I think you are right about the arm. But I am hoping that the real point of interest will be the Jagd Panther that will be right behind him and most people will not notice it :unsure: . All I really did with him was to take his left arm and cut a bit off the top of his shoulder and then stick it on with the arm "reversed" and put his fist on his hip. I really don't plan to worry about it any more though as all I am going to do with it when it's done is put it on my shelf. I am not going to enter it in any contests. And as far as getting anything else done to him, that will be very sporadic. As I am concentrating now solely on the Monroe Perdue "Cornered" Group Build. So he will only be getting the time I find inbetween while things are drying on that group build.

Gary B)

Back