• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bf-109G Hans Dackel Waldmann

Dusan

Hello :)

Finally, my 1/48 Hasegawa Bf-109G4.
Hans Waldmann flew 527 combat missions, being credited with 134 aerial victories.

Kit is OOB with some minor details in cockpit fuel lines and wires. Eagle strike decals with some modifications. Great reference in this book "Gegen Vielfache Übermacht" by Gerhard Bracke.

Pilot in cockpit, mechanic and fuel tank cart will be also on the base (quickboost 48102).

0001.jpg

0002.jpg

0003.jpg

0004.jpg

Thanks for looking! :drinks

All the best!

Dusan.

Thank You Adam! :drinks

Well I bought the kit for 20$ from my friend, not easy to find now, but you can find so many different variant and boxes from Hasegawa of this kit, such as Regia Aeronautica 08148 kit. This one was G2 with same parts as 08148 kit.

Decals are really thick (very old) break up when placed in water and they never seem to have a true white either... so I had to repaint whole kit becouse of that and use Eagle strike decals. :snoopy

All the best!
Dusan.

Sorry I meant how did the kit build up when I said, "How did you find the kit." I realized that after I posted.

Sorry to hear about the decals but it looks like it turned out just FINE!

Adam, kit is realy great but some of the hatches and panel lines must be filled (F fuselage) and only I found one issue on fitting the engine cowl so I added some strip of styrene to simulate slightly raised hinge for the cowl, the rest is a perfect fit.

It was supposed to be a JG-54 sircraft,
nice decals You can see on the paper :gogo chevron and bars... even worse stage

010.jpg

next time...

All the best! :)
Dusan.

Very nicely done! I like your base too.
What is the second pics of? paint colours are great.

I quite like the Hasegawa kits, sometimes the decals leave a lot to be desired! but that's what after market is for!

I posted this up before I think it may be well known but if someone doesn't know this site usually has all the instructions/kit camos and markings especially on Hasegawa kits, which show only one scheme on the box.

http://www.1999.co.jp/search_e.asp?Typ1_c=102&scope=0&scope2=0&itkey=Messerschmitt+me+109

Thank You Martin and Phil! :drinks

Phil second picture (last one) is the same 109. I ended up destroying the chevron decal while trying to recover it from a very bad condition I also try decal film to overpaint decals but they simply break up when placed in water... very old and I did not have spare chevrons so, I decided to repaint the whole 109 :(
But I am happy now with Waldmanns 109 ;) :laugh:

That scheme the first one RLM/02/70/79/76 is done by Fine Molds instructions painting guide for 1/72 scale kit (2009) and one reference photo. Hasegawa painting guide for this aircraft is not good IMHO and do not match the photo (year of the model and decals 1992).

You are right (y) thats a great site. :hmmm there is a 109 `Marseilles` in stock.

All the best!
Dusan.

Back