• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Beware of Bigfoot

tiking

I kept the weathering at a minimum on this 1/32 scale die-cast model. The diorama specially built for displaying the wheel excavator and/or any 1/32 and 1/50 scale models. I painted the stop blocks hanging on the front of the excavator and a couple of the railings a different color than the original grey scheme. Probably wasn't necessary but I thought it would break up the monotone look of the overall model.

You are the Master, Terry! I do see one thing I would expect to be different, the teeth and side cutting blades on the bucket, the teeth are usually replaceable and almost always shinier that the rest of the bucket, unless they are new or just painted. It takes welding to change the side cutters but they are usually varying degrees of shiny as well. Both of these parts are made of a much harder steel than the rest of the bucket. But a great work!

excavator-bucket-at-the-construction-site-near-the-excavated-trench-picture-id1226804046

6373.jpg

You are the Master, Terry! I do see one thing I would expect to be different, the teeth and side cutting blades on the bucket, the teeth are usually replaceable and almost always shinier that the rest of the bucket, unless they are new or just painted. It takes welding to change the side cutters but they are usually varying degrees of shiny as well. Both of these parts are made of a much harder steel than the rest of the bucket. But a great work!

excavator-bucket-at-the-construction-site-near-the-excavated-trench-picture-id1226804046

6373.jpg

Appreciate your positive constructive criticism. Will keep that in mind. Thank you.

Charles I was thinking the same thing John was. I could see the teeth a bit more polished than the rest of the bucket but then again, being in a rock quarry environment I wonder how much sand blasting effect those blades would have.
Most excellent Charles!!! :notworthy :vgood::dude::notworthynotworthy:tens:

Charles I was thinking the same thing John was. I could see the teeth a bit more polished than the rest of the bucket but then again, being in a rock quarry environment I wonder how much sand blasting effect those blades would have.
Most excellent Charles!!! :notworthy :vgood::dude::notworthynotworthy:tens:

Appreciate it. Will keep that in mind. In my defence, it was in the process of digging before the photo was taken.. :)

I meant no criticism to Charles, not in the least, I love his builds. Just relating what I saw from many hours in the seat of different excavators. I wrecked many an excavator bucket paint job! Luckily the airplanes I flew pretty much escaped that fate. Well, except that one Citation with a brand new paint job that blew a hydraulic line and leaked Skydrol all over the tail cone.

No defense needed, exceptional job!

HEHE!!!! I too need some tips and advice where needed. :) Thank you.

I meant no criticism to Charles, not in the least, I love his builds. Just relating what I saw from many hours in the seat of different excavators. I wrecked many an excavator bucket paint job! Luckily the airplanes I flew pretty much escaped that fate. Well, except that one Citation with a brand new paint job that blew a hydraulic line and leaked Skydrol all over the tail cone.

Jeaton please be critical. If it doesn't look right, it needs to be said. Otherwise, I cannot better myself. So thank you for the positive criticism, and that was what it was. ;) I appreciate it.

Back