• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Battle of hedgerows - Normany 1944

Hi guys

this is a my diorama Battle of hedgerows with Sherman Tamiya out of box, figures FJ and Tank Crew from Dragon .......

start from this pic....
206zmep.jpg

21bsmxh.jpg

wvstc0.jpg

20fsr5k.jpg

j5jf6a.jpg

24qpljk.jpg

11h8bpe.jpg

9j1uhf.jpg

2qb7kn4.jpg

ciao :woohoo:

Very impressive! your build, photography, the whole package. If I may offer one suggestion, the suspension of the Sherman looks like it's on a flat road but clearly the lead road wheel and track seems to be floating in space. That's just something that always jumps out at me, not sure why. But again, really nice work.

Looks great to me. If I was those para's though I'd be trying to
hide a little bit better... :laugh:
I'm thinking that the Sherman crew is in for a rude awakening. :eek:hmy: :(
Great job though. ;)
Shawn

The diorama is strong. The composition and story are good. One thing I would definitely do is get rid of the jerry can on the left front (to the tank) side of the road, to me it's a giveaway that is someone in the area and the crew would button down. If you need to fill something in I would opt for something natural - a log or something like that.

On a techinique perspective, the rocks and log behind the soldiers would look more natural if there was some taller grass growing up and around them. It 'sinks' the items down into the base vs. them sitting up on top of the grass.

Nothing big, just a pointer.

slodder wrote:
The diorama is strong. The composition and story are good. One thing I would definitely do is get rid of the jerry can on the left front (to the tank) side of the road, to me it's a giveaway that is someone in the area and the crew would button down. If you need to fill something in I would opt for something natural - a log or something like that.

On a techinique perspective, the rocks and log behind the soldiers would look more natural if there was some taller grass growing up and around them. It 'sinks' the items down into the base vs. them sitting up on top of the grass.

Nothing big, just a pointer.

Hi Tnt forumist
Your suggestions are very useful and accurate, I do not know if I can make the changes reported by you but I will take the next diorama.
Slodder what you write is true...!!
Your comments are very important :)
Thanks
Ciao !

Back