• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bandai 1/35 Zeon Mobile Scout Set

Jeeves

I am hoping to be able to get something Star Wars-ish for this build but we'll see how I do on eBay...until then-- I did find this one kit given to me a few years back by my good friend Dan Duna. Ought to be a stretch from the norm...
006~62.jpg

008~43.jpg

Thanks guys!

I have to say- this kit is amazing...most of what you see I have done in the last couple hours and with very little glue since everything fits so very nicely together! Going to do it in a sort of WWII USN aircraft scheme....dark sea blue over blue grey...this is the lower coat...
002~72.jpg

Thanks everyone-- yeah-- I think the multicolored sprues is a Bandai thing as the other two kits I have are the same...might be for those who want to save painting...the skin colored stuff are hands and faces...and the green matches the suggested uniform colors...but I can't abide by that ;)

I am going with a Pacific naval aircraft theme as I've said- and so I have some interior green mixed into the office area ;)
001~76.jpg

003~77.jpg

From the front I know things aren't glued tight-- but adding the dome over this will tie everything together nicely..
002~73.jpg

This is one of the figures-- an observer I assume? Went with standard USN pilot colors of khaki and brown shoes ;) Not sure what I'll do with the cap...maybe just make it leather?
005~69.jpg

And his tripod for his scope had a nice jig on the sprue for aligning the legs-- cool Bandai!
004~69.jpg

Hope to get more done tomorrow...

That person looks like QC or QA or whatever they call them now. What's the flight deck color of the Quality crew, that's what color hat he should have. :popcorn

Thanks Bob and James!

That's a good direction to take Bob...they had different colors for different types of crew jobs--I'll look it up...

Back