• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

B-58 Hustler 1/144 Academy

Adam

This thing has been awaiting paint since September and I just lost all interest. This is the base coat of MM Aluminum. After it cures I'll go back and pick out some different panels with some different shades and whatnot. Nice little kit! :)

HUS3.jpg

HUS4.jpg

Thanks for looking and keep on modeling!

those two hump type panels on the wings were darker from the pictures i've seen. I would have loved to seen one of them flying. I bet they were impressive to see.

We were talking about these bad boys yesterday during our semi irregular model club meeting and LHS dash. There's a video out there of one being rung out pretty well, hitting a speed record if I recall right, and when the aircraft lands the film crew is on hand when the get the crew out, it's Gen James Steward in the front seat.

Great to see a NMF coming along.

Thanks guys.

Hmmm, the instructions call for them to be light gray, which looks white when contrasted with the aluminum. There's one sitting at Grissom AFB museum which is just about an hour south of here. May be time to take a drive and get some reference shots. :ro:

Thanks guys.

Hmmm, the instructions call for them to be light gray, which looks white when contrasted with the aluminum. There's one sitting at Grissom AFB museum which is just about an hour south of here. May be time to take a drive and get some reference shots. :ro:

I double dog dare ya! :woohoo:

I think there were schemes where they were painted white with some NMF and red arrows. Another that was overall grey like some of the Delta Century Series fighters.

Hi guys. Sorry I haven't been around in forever. I got caught up in work and then I got busy with a little mini GB on another forum. I've finally finished this on up. first off I did a little panel shading as per the kit instructions:

HUS5.jpg

HUS6.jpg

Then it was just decals and some detail painting and we're all done. The landing gear on this thing were ridiculous. Nicely detailed for the scale but there's something to be said about structural integrity, load bearing, and ease of construction!

HUS8.jpg

HUS9.jpg

HUS10.jpg

HUS11.jpg

HUS12.jpg

HUS13.jpg

HUS14.jpg

HUS15.jpg

Hope you all like it. Thanks for looking and keep on modeling!

Hey Adam,
that sure came out really nice. If you had not told me I would never have guessed the scale. Beautiful aircraft.
No malice intended but prior to the engine pods it sure bore a strong resemblance to a lawn dart.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back