• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Australian Centurion 5/1 in Vietnam features?

pwypior

Hi guys,

I am doing now an AFV Club Australian Centurion 5/1 in Vietnam kit. I decided to make a vehicle named "Pussy Eater", hull No. 16039. I searched the web looking for photos of this tank, but found only a rear shot of this vehicle on Australian War Memorial website. I am looking for info about specific construction features of "Pussy Eater". I would like to know if this tank had latch protection on side storage bins (the ones located on the fenders). This protection was made from angled (semitubular) iron welded to the side storage bins in order to protect them from being ripped off during the drive by dense Vietnam vegetation. This feature is, among others, one of the main features of the RAAC Centurions in Vietnam. If anyone has other photos of "Pussy Eater" from the other angles and can share them to me, I greatly appreciate the help. Also if anyone knows about other specific features of the above tank I will be grateful for sharing them to me too.
Here's the rear shot of "Pussy Eater", photo courtesy of AWM website:
http://cas.awm.gov.au/item/P00966.067/

Thanks in advance,

Piotr
:)

Hi,

Thanks for your info and links! My e-mail is pwypior@gmail.com
Thanks for your further help,
Cheers,

Piotr :)

I do not know if it helps but I have posted some picatures of the Centurion at the Australian War Museum in the Trusty and Rusty section too :)

Jenny :kiss:

Hi Piotr ,

There is another black and white photo of the rear end in a
book called Military Briefs 3
Australian Centurians in Vietnam.
ISBN 0-9577586-2-6
This gives you everything you want to portray an accurate Aussie Centurion.
Great reference book .
Mouse House Enterprises sell this book along with the decals .

Built the same variant in 2005 .Tamiya Centurion with legends details set.
There is an image in page 2 of the gallery if your interested.

Although I did not photograph the rear end :laugh:

Michael :)

Back