• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Are the Group Builds here Kaput?

Tankbuilder

Hi there.

I really feel like I'm in limbo right now. I'm so sad that I don't even feel much like working on any of my models. I went to the Group Builds and there I saw announcements that have left me somewhat confused. Let's see if I understand those announcments correctly. The proposed future group builds are now a no-go on this forum? Correct? A present group builds is a) now dead and b) it will remain that way unless the modeller moves it to another forum? Correct?

If the Group Builds are indeed dead, should we remove those images from our image folders here?

Sad Peter

Peter,

Short answer - No, the group builds are not Kaput. :)

Long answer -

[UPDATED: 12 Nov 2010]

The current in-progress group builds will run in parallel on both sites largely unchanged - with the exception of the vendor sponsored Bravo-6 "Charlie don't Surf" [strike]and Monroe Perdu -"Well Done"[/strike] group build.

With the non sponsored current in-progress group builds, members can choose for themselves which site they wish to continue their group build entry on.

For the Bravo-6 group build "Charlie don't Surf", if you want to be eligible for the prize from Bravo-6, you will have to move your build to Jenny's site. You can complete your build here if you wish, but you will not be eligible for the prize.

For the Monroe Perdu group build, you keep your Well and can build on either site. [strike]If you only build on this site however, you will have to contact Monroe Perdu yourself with your completed build pictures in order to honour your commitment to Monroe Perdu. -OR- you can return your Well to Monroe Perdu.[/strike]

All currently defined yet to commence group builds will be offered to Jenny's site and we will be creating new future group builds based on the expanded focus we are planning on introducing.

Hope this addresses any concerns you may have. Laura may correct me if I've made any errors.

Shalom.

Thanks for the clarifications Tanktrax. That helps a lot.

Maybe after a few hours sleep (it's 03:35 hours where I am right now) I'll once again find the incentive to work on a model or two.

I recently bought the 1/35 scale Tamiya PBR 'Pibber' boat kit to build as an Israeli navy vessel but I must say that I was tempted to build it as U.S. vessel and suspend it from my 1/32 scale Revell Huey UH-1D Slick I'm building for the 'Charlie Don't Surf' group build. That would be a scene right out of Apocalypse Now.

Thanks again and cheers from Peter

I'll be continuing with my Well- fear not!

I remember something about a Bomber also.
piliot.gif

I remember that scene, but was the PBR hauled in via a Huey or a CH-46?

Definitely a Huey. I remember reading somewhere that the PBR would have to had been stripped down or it would have been too close to the Huey's maximum lift capacity.

Cheers from Peter

I have my serious head on again

Bravo 6 group build now either needs to be moved onto JTnT otherwise illegible for a prize,correct ?

However this is my feelings upon this matter

The choice of websites is removed if this is the case

There are some that have soley gone over to JTnT
Some solely remain here
Some are joint members

If you choose to remain solely on here then you are penalised ! This is where I think it goes a bit wrong

There are some who have spent rather a large sum with Bravo 6 and indeed a large sum in entering this group build

I do not include myself in this matter because I havent entered I am purely expressing my opinion.

Because through the freedom of choice its only the people who have chosen that will lose out.

Well done GB

I see that Mike Bishop has been conversing with tigerdio regarding a sunken road base

So if Mike Bishop is posting on Tnt then why do the GB rules have to change,..surely he looks at the GB ?

I understand that things are still raw and will continue over a period of time but I do think that the builders who have had nothing to do,whatsoever,with the upset are being punished purely because their chosen site is here and not elsewhere.

This is NOT a critism at any moderators nor sponsers and is purely my opinion

Andy

Andy, there is some confusion among many of us, so don't worry about asking for clarification. The Monroe Perdue well group build can continue here, from what I have read, Mike does not want the finished pictures emailed to him and would like them to continue here as planned, so that group build is unchanged.

Bravo 6 however is another story, unless I am mistaken, Bravo 6 wants the build to take place with Jenny as they have their agreement with her. While I am not sure if I have worded this bit correctly or not, this is the basic jist.

Anyone can post their build of any kind here so those that want to can still share it with us. This has become a logistics nightmare if you will and all of the staff is currently trying to figure out the best course of actions in this unfortunate situation.

andy: we don't want a drama about the group builds before it actually starts!

all group builds had been started under the flag of tnt! tnt at the moment is split until this place here is renamed!

of course all active group builds still take place here but in parallel also at jenny's place!

to avoid any further trouble we gave away the "official" status and handed over!

that means: any group build entry will receive a badge upon completion but those will be different on both pages! no user punishement here!

the sponsored ones:

well done: mike just wants to see the wells built, no matter where!

bravo6: the sponsoring deal was agreed between jenny and vladimir, so we cannot provide the sponsored prize here! there's nothing we can do about it! of course you can continue with your charlie don't surf entry here but if you want to win the bravo6 prize you have to show your progress on jenny's place!

posting on both pages is of no problem!

the future group builds are cancelled and new ones will be announced soon!

please don't worry and if you have further questions, drop me a pm! i'll try to explain everything to you to the best of my abilities!

No No I didnt want to add to the drama, purely voicing.

I have no further questions as you have explained things a little clearer

Thanks Laura

A.

Back