• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Another world prizes (2 of 3)

chrispisme

Two figures glued together and painted, The Raven, (The Crow) and L.A. Police Inspector (Dirty Harry)
IMG_2245.JPGIMG_2246.JPGIMG_2248.JPGIMG_2249.JPGIMG_2250.JPGIMG_2251.JPG

Nice job Chris, Congrats, need to work on those flesh tones. maybe next time give a shout out to our friends and they can give some suggestions. Harry's jacket texture looks great.

What did you think of the figures, the fit looks really good. Did you use acrylics to paint them? (y)

Hi Mike
The fit is quite good but, it's that old resin that releases a petroleum like smell as you cut it. The "Raven" has much sharper definition and way less casting flaws than Dirty Harry, Harry's face looks kind of rough, because it is. I sanded and polished with sanding sticks as much as I dared but I should/ could have done more. He'll possibly look better under a flat coat? I definitely believe his hands are too big and think his head slightly too small?...
I painted them both with Tamiya and Vallejo acrylics, airbrushed the basic colors and brush painted in the details.
As well, here's a Luis Royo figure I knocked together and stuck on a plaster cast base...she's kinda cute
IMG_2252.JPGIMG_2254.JPG

Back