• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Another Week Build

Adam

This is the Hobby Boss 1/72 F-86F Sabre. I built this over Memorial Day Weekend. Hope you like it.

Sabre1.jpg

Sabre2.jpg

Sabre3.jpg

Sabre4.jpg

Sabre5.jpg

Sabre6.jpg

I forgot all about nose weight until attaching the landing gear so this one is a tail sitter. I employed a piece of clear sprue to prop up the rear.

Thanks for looking and keep on modeling!

Hi Adam, pretty cool for a week end project. Wish I could still do that but I seem to have forgotten how. (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks guys.

Terry, the fit is ok once you remove all the locating pins. They actually made the alignment worse. One thing I have noticed about these small Hobby Boss kits is that there are random imperfections all over the place, almost as if there is grit in the molds or something. For instance this kit had a weird chunk missing out of one side of the tail, and the tip of one wing was just off and funny looking.

Saul.... you funny guy you! :pp

Glad you showed it who's boss. I have been wondering about the quality of their kits.

Cheers, Christian :popcorn

Thanks MP and Dusan.

Christian, they look ok on the outside but there is nothing in the cockpit besides a very basic seat and control stick.

Back