• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Another Junkers, this time a Mistel S3C

matrixone

Here is my 1/72 scale Amtech Ju 88H-/H-4 that I converted into a Ju 88 G-10 Mistel S3C trainer.
The little Fw 190 on top was built from the Hasegawa Fw 190F-8 kit.
Paints used were Model Master enamels shot with my Iwata Revolution BR airbrush, camouflage for both models was painted free handed.

On to the pics...
399727102.jpg

399727100.jpg

399727099.jpg

399727097.jpg

399727096.jpg

399727050.jpg

399727049.jpg

399727048.jpg

399727047.jpg

Matrixone

Great work Les, sear artistry, nice lighting. :mpup

What a trip it must have been to fly that thing.

Thanks Moon Puppy!

It would take a lot of guts to fly a fully armed Mistel but you would have to have even more courage to pilot the lower part of the Mistel trainer, the spinning prop of the Fw 190 would be very close to your head!

Matrixone

The Mistel 2 had the Fw 190 and Ju88 G6. The Mistel S-3 had the 190 and a JU88 G10 extended fuselage, but never had a warhead attached as far as I remember.

Very very nice. Love Mistels (y) (y) (y) (y)

James

Maybe it was a paper Mistel? :mpup'

Ah, from the Wiki

Warhead

The definitive Mistel warhead was a very large shaped charge, of nearly two short tons in weight, and fitted with a copper or aluminium liner, similar to the warhead of the much smaller Panzerfaust anti-tank weapon. The warhead was expected to have a penetration of up to 7 meters of reinforced concrete.

Those long-rage Mistels had built-in fighter protection, iirc. Beautiful, Les- as nice as your G-1!

Thanks for the comments James, Joe, and chukw!

James,
The Ju 88G-6 was not used in the Mistel program, the Ju 88G-1 was used instead because the Fw 190 and Ju 88G-1 used the same type of engines.

Moon Puppy,
Thanks for posting that photograph. There were two different Mistel warheads, the most common was like the one in your photograph and the other one had a much shorter probe on the front of it.

Matrixone

Greetings Matrixone;

..... nice model.......... great paint, and a excellent background..... :notworthy

... (y) ... :pilot ...

Mike

Thanks mikec and Christian!

The pictures of these models is not too good, I prefer to take all my pictures outdoors and this time of year its rains a lot and also we have fall wind storms which makes getting good model pictures difficult. When the pictures of my Junkers models were taken it was during a gap between a couple of big storms and I had to act quickly to get any pics at all. Funny thing is after the pictures of these models were taken and posted the weather has been nice for several days in a row. :idonno
Next spring when the weather and lighting is better I will get better pics of these models.

Matrixone

Back