• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Another Flying thing. Airfix Buccaneer 1:48

stitch_83

Hey chaps, I've been doing bits and pieces of quite a few different projects but more and more are making their way to the finish line. Here's one example. 1991 Operation Desert Storm Buccaneer S.2B. It has been glossed, decaled, washed and glossed again. I got the masking off the canopy this morning and it's looking not bad.

The kit is as bad as is widely known but with a little (lot of) patience and some swearing it's possible!! I did start this years and years ago, before I know what I know know with regard to construction/filling techniques, but as brainless as it may seem, I do plan on building another at some point (I hope Tamigawa or Dragon will release one in the meantime).

Anyway onto the pics

DSC_0003BuccGlossdecs.jpg

DSC_0004BuccGlossdecs.jpg

DSC_0007BuccGlossdecs.jpg

DSC_0008BuccGlossdecs.jpg

DSC_0006BuccGlossdecs.jpg

DSC_0005BuccGlossdecs.jpg

As always, comments and crit welcome
B)
Stitch

Nice. Even though it really is an ugly bird, I really like the lines and character of the Buccaneer. Very nice indeed.
James

Thanks guys, yeah it is a pain of a kit but a long way from impossible! With a bit of thought and a lot of patience it's buildable! But I'll let you guys judge if I'm right when it's done.

Stitch

It's always reminded me of the Voo Doo James. looking good Stitch, what's the one red mission mark for? Looks like you did a good job on some nasty seams.

I see it only as beautiful ;) don't know what you mean "ugly"! MP I think the tubular look about it with the engines being very prominent in the planform make it look a wee bit like Voodoo. I believe the black mission marks are targets destroyed by other aircraft, with this machine being the laser designator, the red on I think is a target destroyed by this one. I stand to be corrected though, I'm not certain.

Stitch

Stitch

Back