• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Another Aircraft From the Duke.

Duke Maddog

Hey everyone!

I know not all of you are familiar with Miyazaki's movie "Porco Rosso", but awhile back I'd assembled Porco's red Savoia S-21F seaplane. Well, yesterday, I was able to finish his rival Curtis's little SC-3 Schneider Cup-winning seaplane. Here it is all done up in Curtis's blue paint scheme:

US_SC3_Floatplane_I.JPG

US_SC3_Floatplane_II.JPG

And for those who like to see the rivals together, here's a couple shots of the two of them on one stand side-by-side:

Porco_Rosso_Rivals_I.JPG

Porco_Rosso_Rivals_II.JPG

That was just a fun little build that I'm glad is finally finished.

Thanks all for looking and comments are welcome!

Thanks! I love these two planes. After I'd built Porco's plane, I definitely needed to buy the SC-3 once I saw it. These two do look good together!

Cool models. Do either one represent a real aircraft?

Thank you Rob. Yes, the blue aircraft does represent an actual aircraft. It was a Schneider Cup winner back in the early 1900's and Miyazaki added it to his movie "Porco Rosso". The other plane, a Savoia S-21F is completely fictional.

Back