• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

An old build but!

Phil

Some may remember this 110C I built 06/02/10, II./ZG 76 M8 AC

DSC_0204x1.jpg

DSC_0207z2.jpg

DSC_0217x1.jpg

DSC_0258x2.jpg

DSC_0230x1.jpg

DSC_0262x1.jpg

DSC_0264x1.jpg

not often one finds the real deal - and what happened to it.

me110cm8ac_1a.jpg

me110cm8ac_1b.jpg

me110cm8ac_1c.jpg

That is just too cool - wouldn't it be great if there were more photographers around during the war.....

The 156C was just there as at that stage I hadn't made up another glass covered Dio board!!

also the Wirblewind............. :D :D

Thanks for posting this- I'm starting a BF-110 after the new year, inspiration is always a good thing!

And I love your little 'sand box' wish I had the room for one myself!

:mpup Greetings Dud;

........... Excellent aircraft.......... it dos not get much better than
this.......... :mpup ... :D ... :notworthy ..,

Mike

Phil, really nice looking bird, I remember you telling me a while back you didn't want to weather your stuff because you were afraid it would mess up your finish. Boy I'm glad you got past that, you can really see a progression in your skills dude! (y)

Thanks everyone for the kind comments!

MP you know me!! I'm still not a ''heavy weatherer!'' I do try to stain and chip in places where I personally think the most of this would occur, since my method of using Tamiya primer then Tamiya bare metal silver as a base on all my aircraft I found that with the inevitable handling during the rest of construction takes of certain amounts of paint rubs off and shows the BMS which to me looks like natural paint wear and seems to work out good.

In any case as long as my builds are enjoyed I'm very happy!

Phil I know what you're talking about, had the same situation with the spinner on the Mustang where my handling caused it to chip away quite naturally, maybe it was some masking.

But the problem with that is we don't have total control over the process. Where we may be handling a subject may not be where it would be weathered naturally. But for both of us it's seems to be working ok for now. I'm about ready to bump it up a notch or two if I can.

Back