• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

An afternoon with Bob

B) great shots, thanks Paul.
I wish i could visit Bob but i am a little further than a couple of hours away....lucky man.
thanks for sharing.

Ian.

Man, it would be great to see you again ian. What's it been? About a quarter century since that Mastercon?

I seriously doubt if I will ever be globe trotting again, but you're still a young whippersnapper. Love to see you again!

Bob

:laugh: :hmmm well Bob, you never know......i am probably about the age you were when i met you at Mastercon i think. Yeah still young enough to travel and it would be really something to catch-up after all this time, so who knows, i may see you some time in the 'not so distant future'.

:D Ian.

Let's see, in 1991 I was 50! And still did a lot of traveling after that. Would love to see you again and catch up on old times!

We have a nice spare bedroom and all the home cooking you can handle!!

Bob

One thing. At the beginning of this blog, Paul showed a PBY in the water rescuing survivors from a downed plane. For the record, that PBY was built by Gordon, (Gordo), Stronach, the founder of all those "Planet" websites, Planet Aircraft, Planet Armor, Planet Figure, etc. He was an ex-VLS employee, a good friend, a masterful modeler and all around nice guy! While he worked at VLS, Louis Pruneau put the plane into that diorama, so it was a joint project! I have 18 Pruneau Dioramas, and that PBY and an armor model by Gordon.

Bob

This is awesome, congrats Paul on being able to see all this.

Bob, how close are you to Omaha? If you're close enough and I can attend the IPMS Nationals next year, I could probably wrangle a road trip from a friend of mine.

Bob, how close are you to Omaha? If you're close enough and I can attend the IPMS Nationals next year, I could probably wrangle a road trip from a friend of mine.

Springfield is exactly 436 miles from Omaha.

Bob

Springfield is exactly 436 miles from Omaha.

Bob

Hmm, maybe I should look into extending the trip then; if I even go. That way I could stay in Springfield somewhere for a night, giving us plenty of time to see the museum and not miss a single day of the Nats.

Who am I kidding? I still have to raise the money for this as it is. I guess I should prepare for that first before I make any other plans. Thanks for the info Bob.

Great pics! And might actually be in Branson during the week between Christmas & New Years, so might have to stop by if you're in town!

Adam if you happen to pass through Memphis, give me a shout and maybe we can get together for dinner, lunch, or a beer.

Speaking of museums, Has anyone here (other than me) ever visited the J.M. Davis gun museum in Claremore OK?

Had a thought Bob, next time you head to Tulsa take a detour to Claremore before you get there and check out that museum. There is a lot of stuff there and it is well worth the visit.

Speaking of museums, Has anyone here (other than me) ever visited the J.M. Davis gun museum in Claremore OK?

Had a thought Bob, next time you head to Tulsa take a detour to Claremore before you get there and check out that museum. There is a lot of stuff there and it is well worth the visit.

Will do Paul!

Bob

Yes I have, Paul. The first time I was there was when it was at the old location and the last time was in 75 after my mother passed.

Back