• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AMT 1/48 Tigercat **COMPLETED**

AMT 1/48 Tigercat

Been working on the landing gear & the bay doors & hoping the legs will hold her up but, I aint holdin' my breath...
Been kinda lagging on this since to me, the color just aint right. Oh well, I'll just run with it as is... :frantic

AMT 1/48 Tigercat

Been working on the landing gear & the bay doors & hoping the legs will hold her up but, I aint holdin' my breath...
Been kinda lagging on this since to me, the color just aint right. Oh well, I'll just run with it as is... :frantic

She's gonna be a legless SOB... Dry fitted the gear & the broke one collapsed. I figgered it probably would... :Hiay

AMT 1/48 Tigercat

I got most of the decals on yesterday afternoon & had other things needing my attention so, will finish them up today & post pics for y'all :drinks

AMT 1/48 Tigercat

Alrighty fellas, Here's how she sits now & I'll finish her up when I get the paint in & paint the cowlings...

hd9579f5.JPG

h982029c.JPG

hb109045.JPG

h535e39f.JPG

hfc67893.JPG

h0642ed3.JPG

h94b6612.JPG

hf3c4be8.JPG

I still gotta trim the decals & clear coat them. Just wanted to get some pics taken & posted while I still have good lighting

AMT 1/48 Tigercat

Eddy, hate to ask at this time but what Gloss Sea Blue are you using? This is way to light in color.

AMT 1/48 Tigercat

Eddy, hate to ask at this time but what Gloss Sea Blue are you using? This is way to light in color.

Humbrol. It does appear a bit too light but, oh well... As fer the decals, they seem a bit thick & when I took the pics, I hadn't hit them with Future yet. Looking at the pics I thot so too!

AMT 1/48 Tigercat

Ok, the landing gear doors are gonna remain off for now... Seems someone on another board might have a set of landing gear legs laying around & I'll hear back in a couple of days :popcorn

AMT 1/48 Tigercat

Ok, it's Humbrol #47 Gloss Sea Blue. Somebody on another board said to look on the cap for the #. Guess it gives a real faded look & might try some weathering on her :hmmm any ideas?

AMT 1/48 Tigercat

Quick google search shows it as "SEA Blue" Gloss... You know what, at this point I would just go with it, or make it a racer? With the decals already on it would be kinda hard to go back with some real GSB.

AMT 1/48 Tigercat

Quick google search shows it as "SEA Blue" Gloss... You know what, at this point I would just go with it, or make it a racer? With the decals already on it would be kinda hard to go back with some real GSB.

Aint much I can do at this point other than run with it. It does look faded/ sun-bleached so, think maybe some weathering, heavy usage? still got to do the exhaust stains on the nacelles.

AMT 1/48 Tigercat

Ok, I got some Tamiya Smoke placed on the upper nacelles last night before calling it a night... Will post pics ina bit. :tomato

AMT 1/48 Tigercat

Well, This is going to be gear up. Got word this AM that the guy didn't have the replacement parts... Oh well :smack

AMT 1/48 Tigercat

Eddie! Check this out!
http://www.scaleaircraftconversions.com/moreinfo.cfm?FROM=search&KIT=62

Metal!! Stronger!! God luv ya. Also, for my Non-Specular Sea Blue Navy airplanes, I've not found a nicer blue, than the old Testors PLA enamel 3/4 ounce "Sea Blue".
My 2 cents! :pilot

AMT 1/48 Tigercat

Eddie! Check this out!
http://www.scaleaircraftconversions.com/moreinfo.cfm?FROM=search&KIT=62

Metal!! Stronger!! God luv ya. Also, for my Non-Specular Sea Blue Navy airplanes, I've not found a nicer blue, than the old Testors PLA enamel 3/4 ounce "Sea Blue".
My 2 cents! :pilot

Thanks but, can't afford them. :good:

AMT 1/48 Tigercat

Worked on the exhaust stain a little more this afternoon. WIll get pics tomorrow :drinks sometime...

AMT 1/48 Tigercat

Managed to git the engine cowlings masked off & prepped for Willow Green Paint (y) I stirred the paint & decided to put some on an extra part & check to see how it matches up.
What y'all think?

h57266b7_2015-11-06.JPG

hb4a40bb_2015-11-06.JPG

Back