• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Amelia Earhart's plane finally found?

Tim A.

Screenshot_20240131_143251_Google.jpg

Sonar image of what researchers say very well could be the Electra.

They will spend a lot of money to find out it's a rock. Sorry kinda pessimistic about this.
I do not understand why she's famous for getting lost because of her on mistakes while so many other women aviators do so much but didn't have a publicist for a husband.

They will spend a lot of money to find out it's a rock. Sorry kinda pessimistic about this.
I do not understand why she's famous for getting lost because of her on mistakes while so many other women aviators do so much but didn't have a publicist for a husband.
Tell us how you really feel about Earhart, Bob...🤣

I'm sorry, I get triggered.

I hope they do find it and put it to bed. My personal opinion is they did survive and were able to transmit a couple of times but no one got a good fix on them because it was voice only. She didn't learn Norse code which would have saved them a lot of weight for radios and it would have transmitted further.

I'm sorry, I get triggered.

I hope they do find it and put it to bed. My personal opinion is they did survive and were able to transmit a couple of times but no one got a good fix on them because it was voice only. She didn't learn Norse code which would have saved them a lot of weight for radios and it would have transmitted further.
Was kind of the Taylor Swift in the world of female Aviation of the time. I never was interested in her as much as I was of where the plane went.

Ito the mystery more than anything, at lest for me. What interesting is that this sonar image i think was basically on the course they were supposed to be on, just didn’t make it to land :hmm:

Did these Folk mention WHERE the image form the side-scan radar is?
Here is Anne Holtgren-Pellegreno. She flew Amelia's route in the same kind of airplane successfully in 1967.
Dr. Dominic and Anne Pellegreno were family friends of ours before my folks split up. Dom, known to me as "Old Geezer", helped my dad build is Cassutt III racer airplane in our garage in Ames, Iowa. Then he helped hook it up to a plumbing truck the day they towed it to the Ames airport the day he flew it for the first time.
I was "Young Whipper-snapper" to Dom. I rode with them in their V-35 Bonanza before they moved to Texas.
My eyes leaked to find one of my most cherished airplane influences still alive and kicking.

Did these Folk mention WHERE the image form the side-scan radar is?
Here is Anne Holtgren-Pellegreno. She flew Amelia's route in the same kind of airplane successfully in 1967.
Dr. Dominic and Anne Pellegreno were family friends of ours before my folks split up. Dom, known to me as "Old Geezer", helped my dad build is Cassutt III racer airplane in our garage in Ames, Iowa. Then he helped hook it up to a plumbing truck the day they towed it to the Ames airport the day he flew it for the first time.
I was "Young Whipper-snapper" to Dom. I rode with them in their V-35 Bonanza before they moved to Texas.
My eyes leaked to find one of my most cherished airplane influences still alive and kicking.
What a story Rhino!
The location of the image is 100 miles from Howland Island. About 3 miles deep, they said.

The explorer that got the sonar hit said he'd like to confirm what it is later this year or next.
Yeah, take your time sir. It's not like its one of the top unsolved mysteries of the world.

What a story Rhino!
The location of the image is 100 miles from Howland Island. About 3 miles deep, they said.
When I was troubled as a teen, I might hop in my car and just ride. I ended up at Dom & Ann's quite a few times. They were always nice to me. The Pellegrenos were gifted flyers. I have a funny story about The Fairchild XNQ-1 they restored and the diapers. It is a LONG ortello!
They restored the radial-engined variant. There was only 2 prototypes produced.
Check out my comment on the YouTube video.

Was kind of the Taylor Swift in the world of female Aviation of the time. I never was interested in her as much as I was of where the plane went.
I don't care so much for Taylor Swift myself, in very much the same way I didn't care much for Shania Twain. Now that old hose-bag, has-been is touring again. :sick::poop:

When I was troubled as a teen, I might hop in my car and just ride. I ended up at Dom & Ann's quite a few times. They were always nice to me. The Pellegrenos were gifted flyers. I have a funny story about The Fairchild XNQ-1 they restored and the diapers. It is a LONG ortello!
They restored the radial-engined variant. There was only 2 prototypes produced.
Check out my comment on the YouTube video.
Neat looking aircraft!

Back