• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

(almost) finished Matilda

iowabrit

P3294758.jpg

P3294755.jpg

P3294757.jpg

Still have the turret crew to add and some minor detailing such as the periscope lenses. I'm not sure if I should leave the rear view mirror on there or take it off. I suspect they wouldn't have had much use for it in the desert and there as always the danger of the sun reflecting off it and giving away your position.....???

tanktrax wrote:
Very nice work so far... (y) Is it OOTB, if not, what bits did you add?

I replaced the antenna base, added the front horn dust flaps and some detail to the cupola hatches and smoke mortars. I scratchbuilt the water can rack. I also made stowage straps from lead foil and wire and replaced the kit tracks with a set of Bronco ones. The camouflage was brush painted on over a sprayed on coat of lightened sand colour. All paints were modelmaster acrylic. Kit decals were used. Weathering was pastels and mig pigments

Very nice! I love that paint job. Your weathering is great to. I like the wear to the grean paint below the top colors.

Back