• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Albatros D.Va OAW

The biggest complaint on the forums about the Albie is the banana shape of the wings. Everyone has issues from what I can tell. Bo Monroe made brass struts for his and photo etch that the albatros type turnbuckles from Gaspatch fit in. Those ar the ones with a ball on one end. Also he made a mold for the landing gear to make resin ones with a wire in the center. Looks great and he shows a pic of one clamped at one end with a bottle of cement on the other and it doesnt bend. So that would be the way to go.
BTW as the Albi D.Va is out of production one can always use the OAW version as they are pretty close to the same.

Hope to get more done today.
James

Very little done this weekend. The switches look grest from the side though.

DSC05498.JPG

DSC05502.JPG

DSC05501.JPG

DSC05497.JPG

DSC05495.JPG

James

Thanks. I've done a little bit of modeling here and there and the cockpit is pretty well done. I'm not going to go nuts and rig it up this time. Got the front frames and engine bearers almost done and trapped in the fuselage to set up. Will finish up and should get the fuse glued together this weekend I hope. Waiting on some lonenge decals and wood grain for next step.

DSC05505.JPG

DSC05506.JPG

DSC05507.JPG

DSC05508.JPG

DSC05509.JPG

DSC05510.JPG

James

Fine job James, you've convinced me what I should do for the Thinks We Love build. I love these WnW kits. :popcorn

Ever get one of those days when you wonder why you even started modeling? Imagine this. You look at the aircraft and pretty well everything is in place and looks okay. You put the fuselage sides together and everything fits nicely so you clamp and glue it and it looks great. Later in the day you go to work and while perusing your reference books you see something that you realize you did not add. Happened to me. I forgot the center bar which holds the machine guns and has a big tach on it. Oh sh......aving cream!!! :smack
Not sure how I am going to go about fixing this now. Will have to evaluate when I get home. What a Putz :facepalm :(
James

Carefully cut the tach bar in half at the MG connection so it won't be visible, reassemble in place like a ship in a bottle.

Got home from work last night and using forceps I fed it in and pulled it up into position. Very little damage to the cross member. Added tach. :D
So here it is and some engine pics so far.

DSC05512.JPG

DSC05513.JPG

DSC05514.JPG

DSC05515.JPG

DSC05516.JPG

And got some pe. You'll see what that is used for soon.

DSC05517.JPG

James

Back